No announcement yet.

Alazan hog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been out there tracking them down myself. I just put a couple cameras up on some pig trails to see when they are moving. I am hoping to get back out there this week to see whats happening. There are even acorns on the ground out there still where it has not flooded

Comment

Robert, did you get any pics of piggies ?

Comment

I went out yesterday and found a bona fide hog highway. I'm talking hundreds of tracks, and pretty fresh too. My buddy got frozen out early so I wasn't able to sit as long as I wanted but left a cam to see when they're moving. Hopefully I can get some better ideas next weekend when I go check. Left a good pile of corn and hog wild to bring them in.

Comment

great place, whacked a few when I used to hunt it! good luck guys!

Comment

Went out sunday morning and checked one camera. All moving at night. I did manage to get about a 100b sow. Actually snuck up on two hogs sleeping in a hole and shot her from about 7 feet away. Had to get that close to get a clear shot because i went into some stupid thick stuff to find them. That mile drag back to the truck SUCKS!!!! I didn't have time to go check my 2nd camera. A buddy of mine hung a camera too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Slammer View Post
              I went out yesterday and found a bona fide hog highway. I'm talking hundreds of tracks, and pretty fresh too. My buddy got frozen out early so I wasn't able to sit as long as I wanted but left a cam to see when they're moving. Hopefully I can get some better ideas next weekend when I go check. Left a good pile of corn and hog wild to bring them in.
              There are a lot of hog highways out there. You hunting off the highline or the 2nd entrance to the place?

Comment

Congrats on the sow. That was a great sneak to be able to get that close !

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
                  Congrats on the sow. That was a great sneak to be able to get that close !
                  Thanks! Best tasting sow I've ever shot. She was pregnant too had about 5 babies inside her. Pan fried the tenderloins last night and tonight had breaded backstrap cutlets. Got some nice steaks out of the rear hams and about 30 lbs total meat from her

Comment

Shot at a pack this morning but missed. Dropped my shotgun before I went out, just went to sight it in and that little drop made it hit about 15" high at 50yds Gonna go try it out again this afternoon.

Comment

Good info

Comment

Working...
                      X