DVD to computer help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to computer help?

I recently sent off my old VHSC tapes off to have put on DVD's. Now I do not how to get them from the DVD to my computer to edit the videos. I can play the DVD from my computer no problem but how do I rip them to the computer?

Thank you for the help.

I guess it may depend on what editing software you are using but you should be able to open the software, go to start new project or capture video. It then should prompt you to a source and you should be able to click on the drive on your computer that your dvd is in and download it from there.

Comment

Thank you for the response. I am using Windows Movie Maker that came with XP. I treid to open a new project and import video. When I choose my DVD RW drive from the drop down I have two folders. Audio_TS and Video_TS. Both folders appear to be blank when I click on them. I am not sure of another way to ge the video in Movie Maker. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Comment

I found something new out. It was trying to open only files that could be viewed with Movie Maker. When I select "all files" I get some files with a .BUD and .VOB I guess the new question is how I can trasfer these files to a format I can edit with Windows Movie Maker.

Thanks

Comment

I don't know if what you are trying to do is actually possible (yet). There is software that will rip the video to your computer but you can't view it on the computer, you have to burn it back to DVD first. A solution may be to hook up a DV video camera to your regular DVD player and copy to the camera, then you can transfer to your computer and view it. Round about way of doing it but if you want to edit may be the only way. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you guys for the help

Comment

Working...
            X