No announcement yet.

Stick on rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are left handed I will send you a flipper rest to try. I have some brand news ones that are left overs from dads archery shop. BUT they are for a left handed bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
      If you are left handed I will send you a flipper rest to try. I have some brand news ones that are left overs from dads archery shop. BUT they are for a left handed bow.
      Thanks for the offer but I do shoot right handed

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        So have any of y'all recommending other things tried the stick on rest? If so what didn't you like about them, and why do you prefer the furniture pads/feather rest/etc..? Thanks
        Those stick on "flipper" rests as I like to call them seem to work just fine. Those are what are used on the bows that we use at scout camp, etc. If you've seen the way a group of kids will shoot those bows for weeks on end, and those rests sill are attached and mostly unscathed, then you can usually appreciate their general durability.

I have not used any on my own bows because long ago, this site convinced me to just shoot off the shelf with feathers and be done with it. I have not looked back.

Comment

I have used Bear Weatherest and Flipper rests a lot over the years. I have two recurves on the rack now with Bear rests on them. On my Tradtech (I miss it already) I made a curved elevated rest from cork and the loop side of industrial velcro. It worked really well.

Compared to the furniture pads I was using.

Last edited by stickbowcoop; 08-13-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Hoyt Super Rest you can quieten it with mole skin

Flipper rest.

Earl Bateman makes a very nice rest called a cover rest. I cannot find a picture on the web but it is very nice

Comment

The NAP Flipper rests in either the Flipper II stick ons, or the Center Flipper are the best I've ever used.

Rick

Comment

Had an old Pearson with a flat shelf and a stick-on rest, but removed the rest due to some 3D rules requiring shooting off the shelf, I believe. To prevent arrow porpoising, did a similar thing to Stickbow above. Used a small piece of split dowel so it had a flat side and rounded side; glued to shelf and topped with the fuzzy side of Velcro. Worked great and don't have to worry about a flipper breaking or falling off.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I have been using a feather rest on my recurve for the last 4 years. they are quite durable - during that time I have replaced it once.

https://www.3riversarchery.com/wild-...rrow-rest.html
                  my buddy has these on both of his bows. havn't seen these in years.
                  they do work quit nicely..
                  and they look easy to build

Comment

Working...
                  X