No announcement yet.

Bobcat and deer mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally bobcat mounts that don’t look like “stuffed” cats. You’re brave to post a bobcat mount here, but you back it up with great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Son of a ...

All pure greatness

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        The body’s on the cats look good. I’m not a taxidermist. But I’d keep working on the faces.

Stop it.

I know where I’m taking my first cat. Incredible work!!

Comment

Those look awesome.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Geeze ! Looks like first place work to me, very nice.

Comment

Those look great, curious what you thought about how the first place cat looked. Would love to see what beat yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                  Those look great, curious what you thought about how the first place cat looked. Would love to see what beat yours.
                  The ribbons are based off a grade. 100-90 gets a first, 89-80 is second, 79-70 is third. 69-60 gets a green. There are also 3 different classes to enter, amateur/commercial, professional and masters. They grade harder the hire the class. I entered into the professional class. My scores were 89 on the full size cat and 85 on the pedestal. Judge said the full size had too many wrinkles in the skin and that kept we from a first. Also the eyes were a little crossed eyed. The pedestal cat had some issues with the form that hit me pretty good.

I know for sure there was one cat that scored hirer than mine but there might have been one more. This was in the professional class. There were a few in the masters and they basically look like the froze the cats in time. Guys a very good and have been doing taxidermy for a while.

I’m happy with what I got and hope to keep getting better. The pedestal cat is my 9th and the full size is my 10th cat to ever mount. .

Comment

what do you charge for a full body bobcat? Your cat looks very very good.

Comment

Nice Work!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Awesome work

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, the work you did looks fantastic. I really like the pedestal cat mounts, they are cool looking. First time I ever saw one was in the taxi shop in McGregor and was impressed with his work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post

This was a couple of the blue ribbon Cats in the masters division.. The Ocelot was insane.. The manikin was a custom carcass cast..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                This was a couple of the blue ribbon Cats in the masters division.. The Ocelot was insane.. The manikin was a custom carcass cast..

I bet that guy with the bobcat spent as much time on the cactus as the cat! That looks pretty dang good. And I think that might the the only Ocelot mount I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X