No announcement yet.

Bush Hog 307 Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin' good! How's that finger doing? I'm ready to see the finished product.

Comment

Cool resto good luck with it. will be following along.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
        Lookin' good! How's that finger doing? I'm ready to see the finished product.
        Finger is doing better, but still healing. Stitches came out yesterday, and it opened back up some today. Keeping it clean, and hopeful I will have use of both thumbs by next weekend.

Did make a little progress today. Mounted the hydraulic cylinder, attached the 90 degree elbows to the cylinder and hoses, and attached the quick connects to the hoses. The problem was that I bought 1/2" male quick connect ends instead of 3/8" quick connects. Will exchange them on Monday, but this kept me from adjusting the hydraulic cylinder length and attaching the rod end.
        Attached Files

Comment

Did you order hoses online? If so where? Need to replace 6 of em on my ford 4000 losder

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
            Did you order hoses online? If so where? Need to replace 6 of em on my ford 4000 losder
            Yes, I found Amazon to be quite a bit cheaper than northern tool

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              Best stuff I have every used. You can see it going into the threads.

this!

Comment

Bad News

I ran into a major problem. Due to the cutter being stored sitting on the ground/dirt the bolt that held the stump jumper/blades on has rusted off and the threads are no longer. The stump jumper is purely being held on by rust and the tapered shaft at this point. I saw two options here:

1. Buy the output shaft to the existing gearbox at $495 + shipping

2. Buy a new gearbox altogether, weld on a new mounting plate and reconfigure the driveshaft.

Both of these options were well above the amount I wanted to spend on this project, so unless the Green Screen has another idea this thing will be headed to the scrapyard.
                Attached Files

Comment

You could probably have the existing shaft machined down to a smaller diameter and rethreaded. You wouldn't machine the tapered section, only the threaded section.

Comment

Working...
                  X