No announcement yet.

Jet boat to Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - My guy just called and said go!!!!!! Get to nearest flooded town and ask firefighters/police where you can help. He said Cypress/Lake Conroe/etc... they are not turning around volunteers with boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man they say there is an app that starts with a z. I cant remember but the Cajun navy is using it

Comment

I posted this in another thread but was sent this link for people needing to be rescued. Note that it is not my map and I have no idea how accurate it is. Use it at your own risk.

Comment

I've got a buddy in Denton who is looking for an aluminum boat to take down there if anybody has one to loan. He's one of the few people I'd trust with everything I own, I just don't have an aluminum boat for him to use. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you in contact with him. He is an accomplished tournament angler with many years of boating experience.

Comment

Ive got a couple children life jackets if yall going out need them. Im around crosby huffman. 281-979-5946

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

They are now evacuating people around Conroe. Call the Montgomery County Emergency Operations at 936-523-3900.

Comment

Guys, I know you mean well but please contact either the city/county or emergency management BEFORE going down there. They don't need additional problems with "what to do with volunteers." All responses need to be coordinated and they don't need any additional problems to deal with, including well-intentioned volunteers.

(From a former emergency management deputy and instructor)

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                  Guys, I know you mean well but please contact either the city/county or emergency management BEFORE going down there. They don't need additional problems with "what to do with volunteers." All responses need to be coordinated and they don't need any additional problems to deal with, including well-intentioned volunteers.

Not this time around unfortunately. All these surrounding towns need boats. I will post the app in a minute

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2526.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24509526

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post

This is another deal for me. Afraid I would just be getting in the way of letting the "Pros" do there job.

Comment

If you are coming from anywhere north I can guarantee you they will take your help. Conroe is about to flood. They are staging at I-45 and cypresswood because cypress creek is out of control and they are expecting a levee that protects Inverness forest to possibly breach flooding the entire neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                          This is another deal for me. Afraid I would just be getting in the way of letting the "Pros" do there job.

If you drive a boat and deliver people off roofs, then you have the ability.

Comment

I may have found a convoy to join!

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                              I may have found a convoy to join!

When and where? Can I ride?

Comment

I am planning on heading down there saturday morning with my boat and 250 cases of water. think itll be too late to help or will the second waive of the hurricane still keep the need for help?

Comment

Working...
                                X