X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who hunts with a Ruger No. 1?

Likes? Dislikes?

How accurate are they?

I do and I love it. .300 WM with a Leupold VX3 3.5-10x50. Shoots sub 1/2" with Winchester large game. Didn't plan on keeping this gun when I got it, but you couldn't get it away from me now. Holds amazingly well, beautiful, and a fine shooter. Took this buck with it this last season while hunting with my dad.
    B

Comment

I had a .300 Win Mag, a .280 Rem., and a 25/06. Still have the 25/06, and with my handloads, it's a shooter. The .300 was too, with Hornady heavy magnum ammo. The .280 never shot really well with any factory load I tried. Never tried to load for it, and now regret selling it. A .280 Rem has always been my favorite cartridge. Great guns !

I should add that there is an accurizing block of some kind that is installed in the forearm that's available for them.
      Last edited by Drycreek3189; 04-29-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I have one in .450/.400. Absolutely love it. It will kill everything from pigs to Cape buffalo. Very accurate and quick to reload with a little practice.

Comment

Drool....

Comment

Shooting w/ a mk77mkII, 280. always my go to gun.. gun is great had trigger filed just a bit, and I always have it close by now a days. topped w/ a 3x15x50, awesome combo...

Comment

Have one in 257 Rob and one in 250-3000. Here's the 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

To your questions, love em. Plenty accurate for hunting (1-1.5") The newer models have better triggers. I also like how compact they are. Great truck/blind guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a switch barrel #1 Ruger in 416 Rigby and 300 Kong. It's a hammer with either barrel.

Comment

I sold every high end Bolt action I had because my $450 Hawkeye All-Weather works so darn good. Figure that will carry me to the casket.

Comment

I do and absolutely love it. Got it for my 18th Birthday 32 years ago and use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got one in 25-06.

Comment

I do, I have a .220 swift, .270, 30-06, and 7mag. They work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                            I sold every high end Bolt action I had because my $450 Hawkeye All-Weather works so darn good. Figure that will carry me to the casket.
                            The #1 is a falling block single shot
                            Great that the bolt action Hawkeye is working for you.

Comment

I do. It's my favorite deer rifle for the hill country.
                              6mm No.1B
                              Cuts one ragged hole with my 80gr hand loads. Zapps deer like a bolt of lightening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X