Clear All

Originally posted by tyak View Post
    Lots of rain
    We hunted 7
    I shot a doe
    No bucks seen
    How are the roads?

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
    We were there opening weekend of rifle season. My buddy and I each killed mature bucks, neither of them were huge. We saw a ton of deer every hunt, and a couple good ones just couldn't connect. We did get rained out a couple hunts as it's been wetter than normal down there this year. In a couple more weeks the big boys should be on the move!! If I can swing it I may be going back for a couple days, if not I'll be back for sure next year.
    Headed down there next Friday thru Tuesday......hopefully the big boys are cruising around.

What section were y'all in?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      How are the roads?

Headed down there next Friday thru Tuesday......hopefully the big boys are cruising around.

What section were y'all in?

We were in 3. It got so bad with all the rain Bo was having to drop us in off the highway. Hopefully it's dried out some now. If you happen to get 3 or 5 let me know I've hunted both of those and can tell you some good spots to set up.

Comment

We were there opening weekend of rifle season. My buddy and I each killed mature bucks, neither of them were huge. We saw a ton of deer every hunt, and a couple good ones just couldn't connect. We did get rained out a couple hunts as it's been wetter than normal down there this year. In a couple more weeks the big boys should be on the move!! If I can swing it I may be going back for a couple days, if not I'll be back for sure next year.
        Wth you mean "neither of them were huge"....mine was HUGE

Comment

Originally posted by bigboy5b View Post
          Wth you mean "neither of them were huge"....mine was HUGE
          Pics man pics...

Comment

Live pic

4.5 year old 175 pound 11 point ,and proud to have it. Not a lot of head gear but a mature bow trophy to me.

Comment

Every deer there is a trophy! Especially with that place as green as it is.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

We were in 3. It got so bad with all the rain Bo was having to drop us in off the highway. Hopefully it's dried out some now. If you happen to get 3 or 5 let me know I've hunted both of those and can tell you some good spots to set up.
                  Last two trips we've had 3 and 5......love both of them. I've hunted every pasture there except 4 and 1......my favorite is 8, I had a BEAST dang near step in my boots with me and I was caught not paying attention.

I'll let you know where we are.....PM me your contact and I'll text you from there, if we get those pastures again.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    Every deer there is a trophy! Especially with that place as green as it is.
                    Agreed, and to the op, congrats on a great deer.

Comment

Evening one.....notta. Didn't even see a deer.....saw 8 Javelinas. But was mostly glassing today.

Comment

Good luck, sounds like it is tough hunting all over S tx this week, too green and too hot.

Comment

How are the roads? I'm going to keep an eye on the weather, slight chance of rain tomorrow. If it doesn't rain and Bo still has a spot open for Sunday I may head down that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                            How are the roads? I'm going to keep an eye on the weather, slight chance of rain tomorrow. If it doesn't rain and Bo still has a spot open for Sunday I may head down that way.
                            We in 12.....its GREEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

He should.....big group just left. 4 real nice bucks killed Sunday!! One guy killed a 13 in 6, great deer....its hanging in freezer.

Holler at me when you get here......White GMC 4x4 with a toolbox.

Comment

100% chance of rain tonight and the wind is gonna switch outta the NW......hunting same set this morning, moving after.

Just had one dang near walk under my tripod before daylight......never knew I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                                We in 12.....its GREEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

He should.....big group just left. 4 real nice bucks killed Sunday!! One guy killed a 13 in 6, great deer....its hanging in freezer.

Holler at me when you get here......White GMC 4x4 with a toolbox.
                                Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                                X