Say mike and tracey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say mike and tracey...

here's the the best year imho ASA has ever had here in texas! You guys did a great job and it couldn't have been better.

So who do we have to petition to keep the women's trad division alive?

Originally posted by TraditionalRJ View Post
    here's the the best year imho ASA has ever had here in texas! You guys did a great job and it couldn't have been better.

x2 need some assistance here...........

Comment

I am not speaking for Mike but will throw in my 2-cents.

I think for the first year we had a decent turn-out for the W. Trad class. I believe that the best thing that you can do (and Michelle) is recruit other W. Trad shooters to come to the qualifiers....that would be very beneficial to the class and it's success.

Comment

Thank you Ryan. We have to give thanks to all our Area Reps and clubs as well. They have all done a wonderful job this year.

Ryan and I go way back...at least 8 years....all the way back to the sheepdog hair days. Ryan has always worked hard at his game and we are very proud to see him win the ASA State Championship and SOY for 2011 in Traditional Class. Congratulations Buddy !!!!

Originally posted by DeluxeRaider View Post
        I am not speaking for Mike but will throw in my 2-cents.

I think for the first year we had a decent turn-out for the W. Trad class. I believe that the best thing that you can do (and Michelle) is recruit other W. Trad shooters to come to the qualifiers....that would be very beneficial to the class and it's success.
        Exactly what Kurt said above. ^

We will have W. Trad in 2012. We will guarantee a state championship buckle. SOY(just as it was all along this year) will be based on participation. As you know there are no other ASA states that have a W. Trad. class and it is not an official ASA class. This is a work in progress for all of us. We are hoping to get more participation next year and maybe one day it will be a Federation and Pro/Am class. Until then its official to us here in Texas.

Both Traditional classes are very important to us. We want to further develop participation and make the shoots fun for both Trad classes.
        Last edited by Arrowsmith; 07-12-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

hahaha yeah i still have pictures of that hair and those shoots from years ago. It's been 8 years and alot of hard work and effort with many setbacks to win this buckle. I think it's what the buckle represents to me and not the buckle itself that has meant so much. I couldn't have done it without alot of people over the years. I know it's just a state buckle...but it's one I'd rather have than any other that I've ever participated in. I'm glad I got to do it with all the people I started with back in the day.

Those of us that are die hard ASA folks constantly try to get more and more both men and women involved in ASA on all levels. We are constantly met with excuses but for those that really enjoy what the experience and spirit of what a tournament represents and not just shooting or winning ASA is a blast. I love the fact that it's run what you brung and shoot the equipment you like the best in an open format and not just in a particular class.

I've watched it go from 2-3 of us at a qualifier to 10 or more at times and plenty at state. The offerings of regional SOY and qualifiers has really helped participation and when all you have to do is shoot 1 qual to make state there's really no reason not to make one. Distance and money and time and travel i think is less and less valid the more all the Texas ASA reps offer opportunity wise.

Comment

RJ talked to my wife last night she just started shooting last Oct after watching me and our 4 children hunt for the last 13 years. I asked her if she was interested in trying TRAD and that the women have their own division, she said we should start letting her try different bows to see..........Keep your fingers crossed

Comment

that would be cool! Most women I shoot with that shoot trad say they've tried compound first and fell in love with trad for what it is...I sure hope so! The more women's the better!

Comment

that would be cool! Most women I shoot with that shoot trad say they've tried compound first and fell in love with trad for what it is...I sure hope so! The more women's the better!
                Dude I am so hoping so!

Comment

Working...
                X