Help me get home!! Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me get home!! Houston

I need your help!! I'm stuck and 45 N and S is shut down!! I needed to get back home to Mansfield. I'm at the shelter volunteering at 1865 Aldine Bender Rd. Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttt

Comment

What are you needing help with? You need a ride, money ? How did you get do there?

Comment

drivetexas.org is a TXDOT website that should be pretty up to date.

In the EOC I am bouncing between that and google maps to find routes. Google is helpful because you can grab the line once you plug in your directions and move to a different road.

I hadn't checked either site since this morning around 7 but traveling in that area was tough.

Comment

Looking at the maps 45 is passable with water on the road from 1960 going north.

45 north of 99 shows to be closed only on the frontage roads.

Just south of Conroe the frontage roads are also close but shows the mainlanes are open.

Shows to be clear after that.

Comment

Hardy toll road doesn't show to have water on the road If you can get to that then cut over to 45 it may be a better option.

It is my understanding that they are not charging tolls during the flooding event.

Comment

Just refreshed and now the toll is showing closed. I will keep digging and see if I can find something that will work.

Comment

If you can get to Beltway 8 and head west bound if possible til you see the exit to 290 Austin.

After you are on 290 take HWY 6 in Hempstead and head up to College Station and back to 45 N.

From where you are at Aldine Bender I know 45 N and the Hardy Toll Rd are closed

Comment

Based on Drive Texas you if you can get to IH 610 and take it to US 290 then take Sam Houston Toll to 45 may be the best option. Shows water on the road NB 45 but passable with water on the road from 1960.Everything north of that is either frontage road closures or SB closures. NB shows to be clear past spring.

These things change constantly depending on where the rain is falling. Hope that helps.

Comment

Sorry guys for not responding. I ended up going back to shelter to help out and have been not stop since. I am going to try again here a little later this AM.
                    I came down here to volunteer and have not slept in two days. Huge need, but have to get back

Comment

Kfurham, I just want to give you a huge Thankyou for the bottom of me heart bud. For a couple of days I saw are you tried and tried to hook up with a group to head down south with. Believe me I saw your urgency to give a helping hand with all your post trying to figure out how to get from Mansfield to Houston, and finally just jumping into action a headed down here on your own. I sir Tip my cap off to you Sir. I may never get the chance to meet you but if I do, just know my respect for you is to the fullest.Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush Country View Post
                        Kfurham, I just want to give you a huge Thankyou for the bottom of me heart bud. For a couple of days I saw are you tried and tried to hook up with a group to head down south with. Believe me I saw your urgency to give a helping hand with all your post trying to figure out how to get from Mansfield to Houston, and finally just jumping into action a headed down here on your own. I sir Tip my cap off to you Sir. I may never get the chance to meet you but if I do, just know my respect for you is to the fullest.Thank you again.

Hey man Thanks so much. It helped me more than I helped them.

Comment

Working...
                        X