Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Texas ASA Federation Qualifiers March 14-15 Tyler Archery Club & Archery on Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was looking forward to shooting the course just for fun today. I was under the impression that the 10am shotgun start was the earliest time you could start and wasn't the only time you could start shooting. I showed up at 1ish and was told I couldn't shoot because I wasn't there at 10. Was really looken forward to shooten the course. In the future, please make sure that yall post that you can only shoot if you show up at 10. It would of saved me 4 hours of traveling today. Hopefully nobody else will run into this problem in the future

Comment

Originally posted by jason.dickens View Post
      Was looking forward to shooting the course just for fun today. I was under the impression that the 10am shotgun start was the earliest time you could start and wasn't the only time you could start shooting. I showed up at 1ish and was told I couldn't shoot because I wasn't there at 10. Was really looken forward to shooten the course. In the future, please make sure that yall post that you can only shoot if you show up at 10. It would of saved me 4 hours of traveling today. Hopefully nobody else will run into this problem in the future
      Did you drive from San Angelo to shoot this? It usually says 10am shotgun start and that is what they mean by that. Everyone starts on a target at 10am not at target #1 and so on. Hate that your were disappointed. If you have never shot one of the ASA events they are very welcoming and your will not be disappointed. Sorry for your lost time. Hope we see you around.

Comment

No, I was over near Palestine

Comment

Aspen and I will see y'all tomorrow

Comment

It will be great to see you and Aspen, Terry!

Comment

Jason, it sounds like you confused the shotgun start and the California start. A shotgun start, everyone is assigned a stake and starts at the same time, usually signified by a car horn (no one uses a shotgun anymore). A California start (or trickle start) has a posted start time for the first group, and then each successive group start after the first or as a group is formed. Mike did post in the OP that the qualifier is a 10 am shotgun start. I hate this happened to you.
              Are you living in Palestine now? First you said you drove 4 hours and then you said you came from Palestine, so I am a little confused.
              There was a guy in my group today from Del Rio; he said the San Angelo club was the closest club to him, but it was 90 minutes away. Do you know Matt Haven?

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                Jason, it sounds like you confused the shotgun start and the California start. A shotgun start, everyone is assigned a stake and starts at the same time, usually signified by a car horn (no one uses a shotgun anymore). A California start (or trickle start) has a posted start time for the first group, and then each successive group start after the first or as a group is formed. Mike did post in the OP that the qualifier is a 10 am shotgun start. I hate this happened to you.
                Are you living in Palestine now? First you said you drove 4 hours and then you said you came from Palestine, so I am a little confused.
                There was a guy in my group today from Del Rio; he said the San Angelo club was the closest club to him, but it was 90 minutes away. Do you know Matt Haven?

Just visiting a ranch that's near Palestine for the weekend. Google took us everywhere this morning to get to the club so we ended doing 4 hours round trip. I don't believe I know Matt.

I should of looked up the official rules on the shotgun start but the couple shoots I've been to it was just a come and go so I just assumed that's how they all went. I should of double checked to make sure.

Comment

I hate that that happened Jason. Maybe some good will come from it.

Comment

Great Job TAC. We made some new friends and got to see some old ones.

I really needed to leave sooner than I did, but seeing my daughter having her own competition with a young man around her age after the shoot was priceless. I guess she is finally getting some of my competitive nature.
                    Though I'm not sure if that is a good thing

Comment

Stacey I loved shooting with you and the other guys! Loved shooting at the course and the new cores was such a treat. I'll try to make it each year from now on... not too far from the in-laws. I was so impressed with Cricket (sp?)... the wife and I will be looking into getting a puppy. If you have any info we must know, please share.

Thanks for a great time!

Matt

Comment

Jason, ASA is a blast! Sorry that happened to you too. Del Rio does have shoots monthly. You can search for us on facebook (Del Rio Archery) to find out when they are. Everyone is welcome!

Matt

Comment

Hey, It was a ton of fun meeting you and shooting with you Matt!
                          Thank you for the compliment. I was pleased with Cricket's behavior except the unexpected barking, which is out of character for an Aussie. They are usually pretty quiet dogs, but she is still a puppy. Thank you for putting up with her misconduct and understanding. I know near the end she was pretty worn out!!
                          Cricket is from a breeder in Athens, and you are the second or third archer that wants one from her now- I told her that the next litter she had would all go to archers! If you have any questions even if you don't want one from her, I'll try to help. Just shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            I hate that that happened Jason. Maybe some good will come from it.
                            Rumor has it the result was he was able to go a second night of hog hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                              Rumor has it the result was he was able to go a second night of hog hunting

That second night was a successful one at that haha

Comment

Working...
                              X