• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nannyslayer sighting yesterday.

Comment

Prayers

Comment

The silence of God does not represent his absence. Prayers up.

Comment

Praying for you gal.

Comment

Send some prayers up for NannySlayer

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Nannyslayer sighting yesterday.

Good seeing you briefly, Darling. Sorry I was running ragged with the Pribblet.

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            Checking in on you post Christmas Steph. Hope the mending is coming along well.

Still in a brace. But completely off the pain meds. Called my doc to get discharged from at home therapy and start going to a facility (they have a lot more things I can progress with.) Took a shower standing up for the first time last week. It’s the little things like that that you don’t think about...

No pain other than back muscle aches when I use them. Not supposed to use them so it’s not often. Mostly rotation to get in and out of the trucks.

Tried to do some fishing. Took the kiddo out. He has to reel in all the fish for me cause I can’t put that opposite pressure on my spine. He didn’t mind.

That’s all I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by NannySlayer; 12-30-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
              Good seeing you briefly, Darling. Sorry I was running ragged with the Pribblet.

Still in a brace. But completely off the pain meds. Called my doc to get discharged from at home therapy and start going to a facility (they have a lot more things I can progress with.)

No pain other than back muscle aches when I use them. Not supposed to use them so it’s not often. Mostly rotation to get in and out of the trucks.

Tried to do some fishing. Took the kiddo out. He has to reel in all the fish for me cause I can’t put that opposite pressure on my spine. He didn’t mind.

That’s all I got.
              Fishing.....especially CATCHING fish while fishing.....can cure a lot of ailments. If not physical...at least emotional.
              Glad to see you up and about Steph.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Fishing.....especially CATCHING fish while fishing.....can cure a lot of ailments. If not physical...at least emotional.

Glad to see you up and about Steph.

Feels good to get out of the house. Fishing is about the only thing I actually do right now.

I think Mom is leaving this week. Worries me pretty much completely. I’m not supposed to do crap 8-12 weeks post surgery and it’s been less than 4. Maybe I should hire a NannySitter. [emoji23][emoji3526]

Comment

Prayers continued. Its good that you are doing well, just go slow. You only have one back. Maybe you should get a Nannysitter

Comment

My favorite kind of fish, love crappie fishing.

Comment

She don’t need no more prayers.

She needs a shot o 40 creek......

Or 3.
                      [emoji23][emoji15][emoji41]

Comment

glad to hear you are progressing! keep that great attitude going.

Comment

5 weeks post back surgery:

Mom left and went back to South Carolina last weekend. That’s created some challenges that I had to overcome. I over did it earlier this week which created left leg ache and I am now in 2 braces, a back & abdominal binder and lumbar support brace. I see a RN today to get discharged from home treatment and physical therapy. Still no bending, lifting, or twisting. Twisting is the hardest; getting in and out of the truck, sitting down in a chair, trying to lay in bed or the couch. Incisions look good, considering the locations. I start outpatient physical therapy next week as well as see my Neurosurgeon for 6 week follow up. I’ll know then when I can go back to work.

Not a “woe is me” moment but just being transparent. My first back surgery was last year in May. Sooooooooo many people told me to take it easy, heal, don’t rush it. 1st thing is: Y’all we’re right and I’m sorry. I jacked up. 3 months post surgery I was begging my neurosurgeon to let me get back on the Engine. I missed my crew, running calls, camaraderie, and the thought of not being capable to complete my job was ****ty. Doc released me and of course I over did it. Creating the need for a 2nd surgery. After complications with that and the inability to walk; I then went under for a 3rd surgery. I remember laying in the hospital bed and telling my brothers and sisters that I didn’t care if it took 8 months to a year to heal FULLY to get back on the Engine.... I’d do it to salvage a 30 year career at my fire department. So, as I sit at home doing monotonous tasks or stretching or therapy, going STIR CRAZY.

I wanted to use this post as motivation for y’all to lift with your legs, follow your SOPs, work together, ask for help, and never take for granted the little things in life or the people that care.

Comment

You're a SUPER MODEL!! Good posture there girl!

Seriously, glad to see the good update and you need to go back and reread your post every day and follow your own advice!! Hang in there Steph, and you should be good go go by Bownanza!!

Still gonna pray for continued healing and a mite of patience for ya!

Comment

Thanks for the update Steph. I will say........patience is NOT one of your attributes.

Hang in there gal. Slow, baby steps.

Comment

Love youuuuu!! Get better!!!! Hopefully I’ll see you in March!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X