Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richland Creek WMA (North Side - Duck Hunt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachmas View Post
    It would be a rules violation. Same as hunting out there on a non-hunting day. Even though season is open, state controls the WMA and sets rules. I like the youth days and youth/adult days since I have two boys getting into duck hunting. Coach
    I wonder how many guys they catch out there trying to deer hunt, the private land around that property seems to be hunted heavily

Comment

Glad they busted these fools.

Rules are very clear on the youth weekends. 2 adult hunters per hunting youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        I wonder how many guys they catch out there trying to deer hunt, the private land around that property seems to be hunted heavily
        A lot of that land was flooded for a full year. Not sure how the deer hunting would be around there now.

Comment

I'll be out there the first Saturday it is open. It will probably be a mad dash to spots, but there will be a ton of birds. Some of the best duck hunting I have had here around DFW has been there. I'll get there early and be 50 trucks back...fun stuff!

Comment

Deer hunts were closed for a couple years due to floods. This was first year they had draw hunts again. Last I heard no huge deer killed, but a few in the 120-130 range. Coach

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              I'll be out there the first Saturday it is open. It will probably be a mad dash to spots, but there will be a ton of birds. Some of the best duck hunting I have had here around DFW has been there. I'll get there early and be 50 trucks back...fun stuff!
              Stop lying. There's no birds out there, lots of guys getting peppered and trucks broken into left and right. Just plain unsafe to be out there. Very few birds to be had for the amount of work it takes

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                Stop lying. There's no birds out there, lots of guys getting peppered and trucks broken into left and right. Just plain unsafe to be out there. Very few birds to be had for the amount of work it takes
                Okay lol it is pretty dang rough out there. I have gotten there before at 2 am and been 30-40 trucks back, at 5 am when the gate opens everyone rushed to their spots, got setup and looked around only to see head lights walking my way, then guys setup 70 yards away shooting my way, and every bird that came by was only passing by and weren't decoying for nothing. Lots of birds, but lots of crazy people too. Luckily, my truck has never been broken into there, but I have heard that others have.

Comment

I'll make a trip out there in January. It is crowded but there are several thousand acres to share. you can find a remote spot. i had better luck without the mojo duck that late in the season. My spot is top secret and requires a bit of walking .

Comment

I hunt there with my buddys pretty much all 3 days a week. Ill be there for sure wednesday.

Dont know what everyone is talking about, if you know where they want to be then theres no issue shooting birds. Weve had phenomenal hunts out there and some not so stellar but always a great time.
                    Little birds, no water, lots of fist fights and getting peppered on purpose. Not worth your life going out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

In all seriousness, if you're used to hunting public land for waterfowl, it's not all that bad. Spoonie capital of Texas

Comment

In all seriousness, if you're used to hunting public land for waterfowl, it's not all that bad. Spoonie capital of Texas
                          Im sure. I had some smokin hunts on public back in the day. It was a rat race now and then but only once did someone come in on us. Back then the worse the weather got the less people hunted and the dumber the ducks got

Roger on the bootlips, a buddy drew a hunt there a few weeks ago and said it was loaded in them

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                            A lot of that land was flooded for a full year. Not sure how the deer hunting would be around there now.
                            You ever hear of a swamp donkey?!
                            Originally posted by coachmas View Post
                            Deer hunts were closed for a couple years due to floods. This was first year they had draw hunts again. Last I heard no huge deer killed, but a few in the 120-130 range. Coach
                            There were some bruisers killed on the youth hunt, on the archery hunt there were big deer shot just not recovered.
                            Last edited by bossbowman; 12-28-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X