Jail Time for Poacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WCB View Post
    There’s the potential for several different charges if half of what I’ve heard is true. Is this just one of many??
    Guess we’ll see

That's my guess. They just put one out there for the summons and will hit him with the rest at the arraignment in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      That deer needed another year anyway.

This post wins.....
      That’s all you ever hear on the Hag threads. Doesn’t matter if the buck is gray haired with loose saggy skin. They always “needed another year”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        That's my guess. They just put one out there for the summons and will hit him with the rest at the arraignment in January.
        I “heard” through the grapevine he plead on the felony. But that sounds to quick for that...

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
          The judge also prohibited Drinnon from purchasing a hunting license while on probation.
          One of his charges was no hunting license.

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
          Guarantee you he won't do it on a weekend during hunting season for the next 5 years...
          Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Somewhat creative sentencing in making the punishments hurt and fit the crime, while still allowing the fellow to make a living ... to pay off the massive restitution amount.
          I like the sentence because it is directly related to the crime and makes an attempt to prevent it from happening in the future. I'm assuming that he has to check into the jail on Friday night and gets released Sunday night. So assuming that it's just general season that 3 days x 10 weekends so 30 days per year x 5 = 150 days in jail.

My experience is that poachers are more active during the week though. I've caught 2 on my property in the past and one was on Tuesday and the other was on Wednesday. Weekends have too many other eyes in the woods and usually all game wardens on duty.

Since his charge was a felony does it mean that he can no longer legally possess a firearm?

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
            Really? he hasn't been prosecuted yet. How about seeing how the trial goes ?! Smh
            Pretty sure I read a post on here where he was charged with a misdemeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              I believe they do.

Cool. I wasn’t really sure since I have had hunter ed for as long as I can remember.

I didn’t think drinnon had a license and that’s why he tagged it with OK tag.

Comment

several years ago here in Alabama a Montgomery man had some deer in a fence by his house. He owned a paving company and paved a parking lot for folks to pull off the highway and look at the deer. One night two men from Mobile cut the fence and killed his best buck, cut the antlers off, and got clean away.

The man was well off and well connected. He put up a $10,000 reward for info on the deer. The one who killed the deer curb stomped his girlfriend six months later and she dropped the dime on him. LEOs recovered thew deers head and arrested both me. Ol GF beater had three felony convictions already, and was charged and convicted of felony theft on the deer and got LIFE IN PRISON. The other fella got ten years.

Comment

I hope they teach him a good lesson. Poaching animals ****s all of the good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                    Wow. I can understand some jail time, but to drag it out over 5 years and make him report to jail 20 different times seems a little excessive. There's predators preying on people that get off easier than that.
                    I kind of agree. I would think $18000 will teach him not to poach. Sounds like a good sentence though for those outfitters that advertise false hunts and screw people out of money

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        I’m a fan of creative sentencing.
                        X2 I think this is a great sentence for the crime.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                          This post wins.....
                          That’s all you ever hear on the Hag threads. Doesn’t matter if the buck is gray haired with loose saggy skin. They always “needed another year”

Lol! Yepper

Comment

Big deer has more value placed on it than Ethan Couch's victims

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	drinnon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	24523384

ldp

Comment

I think someone who knowingly committed an offense like this should receive the highest sentence. If it was a continuous decision to break the law and that should not be taken lightly.

And if somehow it was an accidental/mistaken harvest, there should still be a penalty for not researching the laws for the area being hunted.

I have been on the end of the second one while fishing a lake that had different measurements for bass and paid a few hundred dollars for that mistake. But that sure helped me make sure I did my homework for everything then on.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X