.30-06 Too Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.30-06 Too Much?

is a 30-06 to much for a black buck antelope?

Nope

Comment

Not if you're trying to kill it.

Comment

It will work fine.

Comment

No such thing as too much gun, as long as you don't shoot the parts you want to eat.
          I shot the buck in my avatar with a 260 and 120 gr Nosler Ballistic tip. 1 shot behind the on side shoulder and out the off side.....took a few steps and that was it!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
            Just wanna high five it

Comment

Nope. Dead is dead

Comment

just wanted to make sure I am not going to blow it in half. I am shooting some Nosler 150 grain ballistic tip custom loads. thanks for the help. going after my first bb and possibly red deer with the potential as always for whitetail and hogs.

Comment

Ballistic tips are very unpredictable. You’re definitely going to get a nasty exit hole.

Comment

Overkill is underrated.

However, like JakeGraves said, if you're going to mount it (which you are), I'd choose a different bullet. I don't like them but Barnes TTSX for that animal would be perfect. The red deer....anything will work.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                      just wanted to make sure I am not going to blow it in half. I am shooting some Nosler 150 grain ballistic tip custom loads.
                      If shooting Nosler BT's, wouldn't be surprised if the mortal flesh wounds (exit hole) is the size of a cantaloupe since most BB weigh from 60-70 lbs. BT's will definitely work, but not my first bullet of choice. Best of luck brother

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

Comment

I shot a blackbuck a couple weeks ago with my 30-06 and it wasn’t overkill at all. Used 165gr boat tail soft points, double lunged him and dropped him in tracks. Exit hole about the size of a silver dollar.

Comment

Buddy shot a bb with his 7 mag and it was just fine not really any damage ..

Comment

They’re tough little guys too

Comment

Working...
                              X