Magnetic pistol holder???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    So if you have a concealed carry license and your gun is in a holster does it have to be concealed? Or does the holster have to be attached to you? Looks like the law says it just has to be in a holster if you have a license.
    My understanding.....if you have a licence, it has to be holstered on your person if it is in plain view or concealed. ( If its concealed, it wouldn't be in plain view anyway )

If its just sitting in your truck, it can't be visible or in plain view from outside the truck*

You just can't have it riding in the passenger seat or cup holder out in the open.

It's a judgement call from the LEO's discretion

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      So I can't just hold it out the window?
      Dang it, I guess I better stop.

The wording used by lawyers and politicians always crack me up.
      It is blatantly obvious they are drafted to leave room for different interpretations thus fueling the legal system money machine.

And once again impeads legal citizens. Criminals don't give a crap about laws.

If I am jumping in my car to head to the range I need to hide my gun? Stupidity created by the drafting of laws on the books.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
        How you can open carry in public, but in your vehicle it has to be concealed.
        A LTC holder can open carry in your car the exact same way you open carry in public. Nothing changes. It must be in a holster on or about your person.

Comment

I have a GoMagnet holding mine inside my console safe and it never moves.

Comment

In Texas, Texas Penal Code Section 9 protects homeowners, business owners and person in their vehicle under the Castle Doctrine Law. Your vehicle has the same consideration as your home. So the question, would you need to hide/holster your weapon in your home. Of course common sense prevails in all circumstances, which includes safety, theft and common sense. I agree with Traildust that most circumstances depends on the situation. In the event you are confronted with a LEO they will make a rational determination.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              A LTC holder can open carry in your car the exact same way you open carry in public. Nothing changes. It must be in a holster on or about your person.

Makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
                In Texas, Texas Penal Code Section 9 protects homeowners, business owners and person in their vehicle under the Castle Doctrine Law. Your vehicle has the same consideration as your home. So the question, would you need to hide/holster your weapon in your home. Of course common sense prevails in all circumstances, which includes safety, theft and common sense. I agree with Traildust that most circumstances depends on the situation. In the event you are confronted with a LEO they will make a rational determination.
                Common sense and the Texas legislature are mutually exclusive terms. Only one of them will keep you out of prison.

Comment

Working...
                X