No announcement yet.

Corn/Soybean Mix Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native outdoors is where I buy a bunch of my products sells it .. Looking at the cost for 50 lbs for 600 lbs feeder is not bad at all . When you compare the cost of corn in the 6- 7 dollar range some times that is a 50b bag other time a 40 . It really is not that much more . Again thank you will be picking some up before heading back to lease .

So too late to use this year ?? as tons of acorns on the ground right now at the lease , they are not really hitting the feeder , would this entice them back in ??
    Last edited by HDWRENCH; 11-29-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Broadcast feeding will not benefit, its purely an attractant. On 40 acres, I wouldn't be free choice or protein feeding, everyone around you will benefit thousands of dollars spent.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Broadcast feeding will not benefit, its purely an attractant. On 40 acres, I wouldn't be free choice or protein feeding, everyone around you will benefit thousands of dollars spent.

That is true, but I’m going to start protein on our 20 acre place simply as an attractant. Hoping to keep them on our place more than they have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
          are you speaking to me ?? I am not on 40 just over 400 acres and the lease will require this next year and the land around us is same owner so in my case everyone around will be feeding protein of some sort .

But explain why it would not be a benefit , what am I missing

Comment

Responding the OP who is on 40 acres.

Broadcast feeding will not help your deer herd unless your spinning 50 lbs plus a day. Now, adding something different then corn may help bring in different animals. We do the cotton seed thing, typically go through 12 tons a season and probably should be more.

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
            are you speaking to me ?? I am not on 40 just over 400 acres and the lease will require this next year and the land around us is same owner so in my case everyone around will be feeding protein of some sort .

But explain why it would not be a benefit , what am I missing

Comment

So where do you use the cotton seed at ? As I have read that it may not work in all areas not sure why that is though?

Comment

We are out in cotton country (mitchell county) but check the local gins in your area. It takes more labor to load it up but your typically paying 160-200 per ton.

Comment

I won't run the corn/soybean mixture again. Clogged up my new feeder when some of the beans I assumed got damp from humidity/rain and swelled at the drop tube, hence keeping the remainder of feed from dropping to the spinner.

Comment

We have been using mix for 5 years with great results.

We have seen a big improvement in our 2.5-3.5 year olds

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I feed 10 bags of corn and 10 bags of corn/soybean year round out of my 1000lb feeders.

I don’t mess with pellet protein. Don’t have time or money for new feeders.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

that was helpful

Comment

I just got my third spin feeder in september and all will run year around.

Keep the feeders full and give them some time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Does anyone throw corn/soybean mix on the ground? Wanting to try it like hand corn.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                                Does anyone throw corn/soybean mix on the ground? Wanting to try it like hand corn.
                                It can be beneficial for the attraction but nothing long lasting for protein for the deer. The roasted soybeans have a sweet smell to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X