Snap On Tool Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snap On Tool Warranty

I have a few snap on screw drivers where the handles have basically disintegrated. They are from the late 60’s early 70’s. Got them
    from my dad. Is it possible to get them replaced even though I’m not the original owner? Anyone had any experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have about 30 screwdrivers. Send me your address, and I will send you some to replace your loss. How many are you needing? They are not expensive.

Comment

Have you used your googler?

Comment

I would not expect your snap-on truck dealer to warranty them. Unless you are an established customer. Maybe send them to snap-on. They have warranty info via website.

Comment

They most definitely will warranty them or atleast the guys I have dealt with will if the driver itself is in good shape they will just replace the handle if not they will give you a new one

Comment

Originally posted by Catchem11 View Post
            They most definitely will warranty them or atleast the guys I have dealt with will if the driver itself is in good shape they will just replace the handle if not they will give you a new one
            This
            I know a guy that bought some snap-on tools at a pawn shop and they covered the warranty on the ratchet. I would not tell them the whole story on how you got them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catchem11 View Post
              this ^^^

Comment

One thing to keep in mind, unless they've changed, the driver covers the cost of warranty.

Comment

Why not just buy some new ones. You got 50 years of use out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Why not just buy some new ones. You got 50 years of use out of them.
                    ^^^^this. I don't think its reasonable to claim warranty on something that is over 40 years old. Warranty it intended to cover workmanship and quality

Comment

I know cornwell is lifetime warrenty on there stuff. Snapon should be the same

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                        ^^^^this. I don't think its reasonable to claim warranty on something that is over 40 years old. Warranty it intended to cover workmanship and quality
                        I disagree with this. If a lifetime unconditional warranty is given, then that is what the company gives. The reason for warranty's like this is so you purchase their product and know the quality and support you have from that tool maker. You will pay more for this. That is why Snap on, Mac ect are way more expensive than other tools. The replacement price is built in.
                        I have taken split and broken sockets and other Blue Point tools to my Snap on guy in the past, and those tools were from my Dads set dating back to his motor pool days serving in Korea. No questions asked. Its been a while, since I have done this. But I am no longer in that type of business either where great service is given to a great customer.

Comment

they will give you Brand new ones of the current style, no questions asked

Comment

I would replace them when I had my truck.No longer in the business

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I’m along the lines of if it’s a lifetime warranty, they should replace them regardless of owner and how old the tool is. I’m a school teacher that tinkers around on the weekend. I don’t see many snap on trucks in the parking lot.
                              I shouldn’t have to buy another one just because they don’t make that style anymore. Yes, they are old, but they were well taken care of and not abused (I know everyone says this.). BTW it’s only 3 tools...I’m not asking for a whole set of brand new tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X