No announcement yet.

Electric lawn equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I switched to a Lithium trimmer because my old gas trimmer was wore out so I left it in PA when we moved (well my brother-in-law took it for parts I didn't just leave it lol). Our realtor gave us a Home Depot gift card when we bought the house so I used that. It's a Ryobi One+ 18V and the battery lasts about 30 minutes. We really only trim around our house (30'x30'), backyard fence (40'x30'x40'), 10'x16' shed, and carport posts. It works for that on one charge. If I had more trimming, like if I needed to trim around our whole 2 acres, I'd probably would have picked something different.

Comment

I bought a dewalt trimmer and blower and really like both of them.

Comment

I have the 56V Echo weed eater, blower and chainsaw. All work great. Had the weed eater two years now and it is just as powerful as my gas one but it starts every time and no ear protection needed. Use the chainsaw all the time at the deer lease. I highly recommend switching.

Comment

They just showed a battery powered riding mower made by Ryobi on the news. Said it guaranteed 2 acres per charge I believe. First I had seen of this. I suspect as technology advances they will all be electric eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
            I have the 56V Echo weed eater, blower and chainsaw. All work great. Had the weed eater two years now and it is just as powerful as my gas one but it starts every time and no ear protection needed. Use the chainsaw all the time at the deer lease. I highly recommend switching.
            Echo or Ego? Thinking you mean the latter but Echo does make a 58V which I looked at.
            Selling my gas chain saw today and plan to add the Ego chainsaw to my setup eventually. I won't need it until after the season so I'll wait and see if I catch a Christmas sale.
            Played around with the mower some last night and for me the big perk is as you said, no hearing protection needed. Also, for a guy with degenerative disc disease not having to pull start an engine has me just giddy

Comment

40v Ryobi edger works great for me. I hate messing with the motors. My kids and wife magically started helping with the edging more because it is easy. Also easy to load string.

Comment

Electric edger and blowers are great. I won't ever be convinced on a mower with my grass and the size of my yard.

Comment

I have an electric mower for the ranch. It uses 2 40v batteries. It does OK with good grass. It's pretty terrible with thick weeds tho. You have to go over and over them. It still gets the job done, but these things are in no way shape or form as powerful as a gas mower.

Similar with the weed eater. Does fine trimming grass, but thick weeds give it trouble.

If you have a small lawn with good grass they'll work great.

Comment

I ditched my Ryobi 40v edger for a Stihl. The Stihl is better in every way. I use TruFuel and it starts right up every time.

I did get a DeWalt battery powered blower and it is freaking awesome.

Comment

I got a friend thats got a CORE he's really happy ..I tried it its tuff and did what I asked.Right now if I was in Market I would consider it...

Comment

I have the Dewalt 20v trimmer and blower. Plenty of power and got it because the batteries are much less expensive than the Echo/Ego. I know the Dewalt doesn't make a mower yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                          Echo or Ego? Thinking you mean the latter but Echo does make a 58V which I looked at.
                          Selling my gas chain saw today and plan to add the Ego chainsaw to my setup eventually. I won't need it until after the season so I'll wait and see if I catch a Christmas sale.
                          Played around with the mower some last night and for me the big perk is as you said, no hearing protection needed. Also, for a guy with degenerative disc disease not having to pull start an engine has me just giddy
                          Echo...the orange one from Home Depot

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                            I'm interested in the Ego mowers
                            Anybody got one?
                            bought one about 2 months ago. they are pretty dang neat. very easy to use and light weight. cuts the grass extremely good. only thing that i recommend if you get one is to make sure you pick up the sticks in the yard before cutting. other than that its a good mower.

Comment

Electric lawn equipment

Well I mowed front and back today and could have been talking on my phone the whole time. Just easy and quiet. Then I took that same 7.5ah battery and put it on the string trimmer. It’s heavy on there and I will use the smaller battery next time but I wanted to see if the battery would do every aspect of my weekly maintenance. The line trimmer has as much power as any gas trimmer I have ever run. When all was done I put the batter on the charger and it was full again and shut off in about 2 minutes (granted my yard is tiny). Could not be happier with this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X