Raffle Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raffle Ideas

Going to try to set up a raffle to help fund a memorial scholarship. Needing advice from people who have set them up as to what works and what didn't. Also, what type of items would make you want to buy a ticket. Want to keep tickets in the 5-10 dollar range. TIA

guns & trailers seem to do well.

Comment

I usually buy raffles for guns and atvs.

Comment

guns, atvs, gift cards, chain saws, fishin/huntin trips. Also helps to throw some frilly women stuff in. Wine baskets, spa deals etc

Comment

For the Land Surveyor scholarship fund, they do several guns, but also something like an Apple Watch and a weekend getaway so a person who isn't in to guns will still potentially purchase a ticket.

Comment

x2 on the ladies stuff. Wine baskets are a good. Whiskey baskets as well.

Comment

Guns... around here anyway. Little league, school functions, hospice, non profits and the list goes on. I buy them from anyone that comes by. If you can get someone to underwrite or donate them even better.

I see a lot of $20 per ticket or 6 for $100. Seems to work really well even if you have to buy the guns. Won't take long to double your investment. Hit up business that might have a manager in charge of an expense account. They love gun tickets because they're spending someone else's money on a "donation", knowing if they win they'll keep it... so I've heard anyway.

Comment

Guns, hunting and fishing trips, weekend getaways, high end coolers, rods and reels, and atvs are most popular. Finding donations and underwriting is a huge plus to your bottom line and your net net.

Comment

AR 15's and Yeti-style coolers.

Comment

Guns and high end coolers. We pick out a special gun and do a limited sale of 300 tickets @ $20 each. That is 6 grand, minus the gun cost. So if you spend 1k or less on a gun you are making 5K. Not bad. We have had good results with making it a limited number of raffles sold. When you have a 1 in 10,000 chance of winning, many won't play. 1 in 300...That is way better odds and they sell fast.

Comment

We do guns over and over again as they are by far the best money makers. We raffle off 6/yr and typically do 6-8x return on the cost of the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a 10 gun raffle a few months ago and it went well. 1 ticket for 25 or 5 for 100. 99% bought the 5 for 100. We didn’t meet our goal of selling 1000 tickets but came close. Ended up donating close to 8k

Comment

Last raffle I did was a nice O/U shotgun, a stand up shop air compressor and a 65Qt Rtic cooler. 5$ a ticket or six for $25. I also limited the number of tickets too 500.

It’s been my observation that if you offer a free chance on a bigger buy of tickets and put on the ticket the number of chances being sold will help encourage buyers on the fence. If your selling 2,000 tickets for $1 a piece they won’t sell them all and you’ll be lucky to sell half.

Also $5-10 seems to be the right range for tickets. $20 will net the high rollers at a fundraiser event but average Joe isn’t gonna get more than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X