No announcement yet.

Possible 1300 mi Roadtrip to Diamond C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the harvests!! Stay safe on your drive home. Looking forward to the pics and video!

Comment

Congrats on what seems like a great trip, brotha! Looking forward to pics.

Comment

Well congrats can't wait for pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
          Sounds like you guys are havng a good time! Ain't Texas and Diamond C great? We are heading out there at the end of the month. Good luck this morning!
          That is an Understatement my friend... The diamond C is awesome....yeah, Texas too. Starting to get pix and bid and stories up.

Comment

Good to hear y'all made it home safe!! Thanks for coming down.

Comment

Thank you for having us. One heck of a great time, and y'all are great hosts. We drove straight through and I arrived home at about 7:30 last evening after stopping at Taxi. Will be back. Going to do a write up and start posting pics and vid now. Thanks again.

Comment

If yall need an extra, I just might be yer Huckleberry!

Comment

We left Michigan at 5:00am on Saturday morning and arrived in Witchita Falls Saturday evening at about 8pm local. First order of business was some good grub. Now we have alot of Steak and Rib places back home, but we wanted to get the good stuff. We went to McBrides Steakhouse and had Ribs and Steak. Wow. Can only say I recommend that place and also you Texans are spoiled, really. You know you have a GREAT steak when you do not need to add anything to it. Nuff said about that.
                  Next Morning we bought our lisences and grabbed some Julio's chips (must have) and drove on to the ranch. We arrived at about 10:30 Sunday morning.
                  A group of guys was heading out at that time and we met another who would be starting his hunt with us (he was in from Colorado).

Comment

As we were getting ready to head out for a drive around the ranch with Skylar another group of 2 had arrived. It was suprising to find that they were also from Michigan. One of the fella's has family just down the road from where I live. Small world!!! After some introductions we took a ride with Skylar to see the ranch. Both sides (High and Low fence) were just crawling with critters.Been to ranches before and have never seen anywhere near the animals (Quantity and Quality) that were there.

Comment

On the drive around we saw Kudu, Zebra, Oryx, Axis (some incredible monsters), Aoudad (2 were very, very nice), Blackbuck, sika, Red deer, Fallow,.......You get the idea. Around every turn there were animals. It was amazing.

Honestly I was worried that because of the green up that the animals would be buried in the deep stuff. NOT THE CASE.
                      We went back to the ranch house and were all excited to get the hunt underway. It was still and I wasn't going out until about 5 so I through some arrows at the range.

Comment

At about 2pm Robert (from Colorado) decided to go spot and stalk hogs on the low fence side. My cousin (hunter1979) decided to go along and video for him. It was probably about 92 degrees with the wind blowing (which actually made the heat somewhat bearable). About 90 minutes later the two return and we asked if they shot a hog. They say no....he shot 2 hogs...... with one arrow. They saw the two laid up under a bush and stalked in to 15 yards. Robert took the shot and both of the hogs take off. They followed the blood on the one that was shot at and recovered it quickly. Robert thought he had seen blood go in the other direction as well at the place the hog was shot but dismissed it as being splatter from the one he hit. As they were walking up the road on their way back they see piggy#2 down on the road.
                        Well we watched the video and it was all we needed to turn the adrenaline up another notch to get out to our blinds. Hopefully my cousin will get that video up on YouTube and link it on this thread at some point soon.

Comment

Sounds like a great time!

Congrats!

Comment

Robert was at the ranch to hunt pigs and get a decent ram. I was at the ranch for either a Mouflon or Oryx and hogs, My cousin was at the ranch to hunt pigs only. The other two guy (Jeff and Josh) were there for Hogs as well as an Oryx (Jeff) and Aoudad (Josh). Well we went out for the first evening hunt. While I was on stand that first evening I had several catalina goats come in. These catalina's were large!!!!! Never considered shooting one, but if I was going to do it both of these would have scored quite well. Also that evening I had a sika doe walk by. After being taken back to the ranch house we all talked about the critters we saw. Luke (my cousin) sat th low fence side and arrowed a hog. Jeff had three Aoudad come toward him and held up at about 80 yards. He believed they winded him as the wind was swirling alot. Josh also had critters come in, just not the Oryx he had on his list.

Comment

Next morning I sat in the same blind again. I was covered up with Rams. There were some Dahl and Corsicans that had some great headgear. After they walked off I began to here a gutteral sound and checked the other side of my blind. ORYX at about 50 yards!!! One of them had some great horns. I watched them almost my entire sit. They seemed to be very happy walking back and forth along a fence line with a group of cows on the neighboring property.

Comment

Dahl Sheep Down

We drove around to pick everyone up and by the time we were done we found that Mr Colorado had taken the final critter that was on his list. He scored on a magnificent Texas Dahl that had tremendous length and mass.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X