X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
    South of Anderson Mill Rd on FM 620

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    620 is horrific in the morning, just so you know! Well the afternoon isn’t great either

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
      620 is horrific in the morning, just so you know! Well the afternoon isn’t great either

I was afraid that might be the case

Comment

I was afraid that might be the case

Depending on where you live, and what time you need to be at work, sometimes it’s not terrible... if you are headed towards lakeway from AUSTIN in the morning, plan on sitting at the light at 2222 for at least 20 minutes if you get there anytime after about 7:20...

Headed north after work is just as bad

Comment

South of Anderson Mill Rd on FM 620

limited roads in that area...with high traffic demands. Pretty area...just a bi*ch to drive in work times.

Comment

I am about to list my house in between Leander/Liberty Hill right off the toll road. Just shy of 1800sqft single story house, built in 2008. The elementary school is brand new in the next few months right on the other side of 183 in the Larkspur neighborhood. Listing for $239k

Comment

I work in the same area. As mentioned above, cedar park and Leander are probably your best bet. 620 has become a nightmare for traffic. Then again, most of Austin traffic has become a mess though. Having a commute with multiple routes to get to work is a big plus.

Comment

Just moved to this area last summer. We really liked cedar park/Leander but ended up buying in N RR (Teravista). Prices were a little better up 35 vs up 183 and we were able to get a little more for the dollar. My office is at mopac and 183, but I rarely drive during rush hour.

I just read about a 1.2B retail project going somewhere in cedar park, and of course the apple campus. We have a 200M project coming in at 35/45 too.

North side is developing like crazy, even in the <1year we’ve been here!

Comment

Austin has a lot of weirdos around, avoid them. Help turn Austin RED!

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Stay in Ft. Worth

Comment

Just try to work 7:30 - 4:00 and the traffic isn't so bad. It's not great, but you can get around.

Comment

When I first moved to Texas, we bought a home in Cedar Park. Really liked living there, but we relocated 2.5 years ago to Pflugerville. Got a way nicer house for our money.

Home values in Cedar Park, Leander, and Liberty Hill have really gone through the roof.

My recommendation is look at the traffic patterns on Google-maps in the morning and evening for where you job is located. Then look at the time it would take to get to each of the towns listed to try and get a feel for travel times.

Like someone else mentioned, 620 around Anderson can be a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                            When I first moved to Texas, we bought a home in Cedar Park. Really liked living there, but we relocated 2.5 years ago to Pflugerville. Got a way nicer house for our money.

Home values in Cedar Park, Leander, and Liberty Hill have really gone through the roof.

My recommendation is look at the traffic patterns on Google-maps in the morning and evening for where you job is located. Then look at the time it would take to get to each of the towns listed to try and get a feel for travel times.

Like someone else mentioned, 620 around Anderson can be a nightmare.

Thanks Hopedale, that is helpful. Unfortunately I dont think that 620 / Anderson area is going to be avoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                              Just try to work 7:30 - 4:00 and the traffic isn't so bad. It's not great, but you can get around.
                              Don’t live in N Austin but often commute across town for work. I’d say that anymore I find myself needing to leave the house between 6 & 6:30 to avoid the heaviest traffic along the major thoroughfares, obviously earlier is better. Sound advice to drive against traffic during the rush hours, my normal commute is against traffic and saves me much time & keep my sanity.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                                PM Sent
                                I was going to suggest you get with this guy but he beat me to it. He will take good care of you for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X