249/Beltway 8 eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

249/Beltway 8 eats

I have a meeting around the area of 249 and beltway 8 and was wondering whats good to eat around there?

Just West of 249, on BW8, is the Steamboat House Steakhouse. It's a great place for lunch meetings.

Comment

ill check it out Curt.

Comment

Agree with Curt. I take customers there from time to time. Good place to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          I have a meeting around the area of 249 and beltway 8 and was wondering whats good to eat around there?
          If you head north on 249 there are several spots around Willowbrook, just watch where you park. Head further north and Vintage has several nice places to go. I would forego Willowbrook and head a few miles further to Vintage park if you do not go the route Curt suggested.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Saldivias Uruguayan Grill (steakhouse) - less than 15 minutes for you

Grandpa cuts the meat, Gus the owner greets and meets, daughter runs the show on dads night off

Great food, feels like at home

One of those back of the strip mall jewels

My favorites start off with either the hearts of palm or tomatoe,onion, blue cheese salad then followed with the Entrana skirt steak grandpa cuts that comes with veg and potatoes just like home.

Can't wait for my next trip to Houston.

Enjoy

Comment

I agree with Vintage Park. El Tiempo is good for Mexican food. Hopdoddy is great burger.

Steamboat House is awesome.

Comment

Beltway and 249, screams Hickory Hollow if they are still open. Not the fanciest of places, but would get the job done, and the food is killer.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                  Beltway and 249, screams Hickory Hollow if they are still open. Not the fanciest of places, but would get the job done, and the food is killer.
                  I ate there last week after not being there in a few years. Awesome chicken fried steak! Just like I remembered it....

Another vote for Steamboat as well, quality meal for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post

Maybe it’s just me but I think everything they serve comes out of the freezer. I’d much rather have the carriage house across the street.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                      Maybe it’s just me but I think everything they serve comes out of the freezer. I’d much rather have the carriage house across the street.
                      Carriage house across the street has way better chicken fried steak, have eaten at both places regularly before I made the change.

Comment

Originally posted by the marshall View Post
                        Carriage house across the street has way better chicken fried steak, have eaten at both places regularly before I made the change.
                        Man, I live in Vintage Park area and have been craving a good CFS. Will have to check it out this week!

Comment

Word of advice. Dont go to steamboat and leave valuables in the truck. Its a BMV mecca.

Carriage house has a great CFS. Better than hickory hollow.

El tiempo has awesome green sauce and food in general.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

@marshhunter, yes the Hickory Hollow on Fallbrook is still open. Family and I ate there a few weeks ago.

Comment

Peli Peli in Vintage Park!

Comment

Working...
                              X