No time for a good side job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    I hate sleep. I feel like I'm gonna miss something. Like in this case, Hoggslayer is missing 40hrs a week of $50/hr because he's sleeping, or gardening, or learning to needlepoint. Sleep is overrated.
    x2 I like the way you think.

Plenty of time for sleep when you're pushing up daisy's

Comment

sounds like a perfect retirement job....send info please....lol

Comment

I am to busy to reply

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
          If the job involves laying on my sofa, taking naps and looking at tv give me a holla. I’ve been in search of just the position for some time now. I can dedicate well over 40hrs a week and the best part would be tellling the wife to keep it down, I’m working here. I’ve also applied numerous times to be the Astros bullpen coach. I m qualified to watch baseball and answer the phone, can tell the difference in a left and right handed, and know my numbers, so I can be sure the right guy is warming up.
          True Story- One of my dads friends/ex teammates. Hung around as a bull pen catcher for years somehow after his "career" ended. sit on a bucket all day and play catch. I can't remember what he said he made. But when he said the number we all went WHAAAAT?!?

Also in response to other post, what do you currently do where you can turn down full time $50 an hour while sitting in a recliner?

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            True Story- One of my dads friends/ex teammates. Hung around as a bullpen catcher for years somehow after his "career" ended. sit on a bucket all day and play catch. I can't remember what he said he made. But when he said the number we all went WHAAAAT?!?

Also in response to other post, what do you currently do where you can turn down full time $50 an hour while sitting in a recliner?
            I always thought bullpen catcher seemed like a pretty sweet gig. You literally get paid to play catch with big leaguers, and only have to work for 7-8 months out of the year. Hell, I can do that!!

Comment

True Story- One of my dads friends/ex teammates. Hung around as a bull pen catcher for years somehow after his "career" ended. sit on a bucket all day and play catch. I can't remember what he said he made. But when he said the number we all went WHAAAAT?!?

That's the problem, I can't afford to turn it down. But my job as Dad and Husband come before money. I've been called to do more in my church and it feels good to be in that place in my life. Do I put that off longer and make money now or what? I feel like this "opportunity" is almost a test of faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                That's the problem, I can't afford to turn it down. But my job as Dad and Husband come before money. I've been called to do more in my church and it feels good to be in that place in my life. Do I put that off longer and make money now or what? I feel like this "opportunity" is almost a test of faith.
                Man, only you can make that choice for your family. I'm a coach, but if i turned down something making that kind of $ from home my wife would probably beat me or leave me. Maybe both.

Sleep on it, pray on it, have a dinner and talk with the wife about it. You'll figure it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I only work 10 days a month, i wish i could find a side gig like that.

Comment

Send me the info. I only average 3 hours of sleep per night, may as well be making money and ill give a percentage.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the time for $50 an hour. Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
                        Send me the info. I only average 3 hours of sleep per night, may as well be making money and ill give a percentage.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Got that right. I’m down by midnight and back up by 430

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you tell us what this side job is? seems to good to be true.

Comment

A lot of their income is from tips at the end of the season. And some of them do dang well for themselves too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              They want me to but it's a start up company that I just don't think is going to make it. Owner seems to have big plans but doesn't like to hear reality. He thinks the answer to problems is to throw more money at it but complains when the shop guys ask for a $5 wrench. I guess if I believed in it more I might feel differently. Its not worth jumping ship when the one I'm on is floating so well.

Hoggslayer
                              Did any of you consider this post? I don't think I would give up a sure thing for this.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                                Can you tell us what this side job is? seems to good to be true.
                                Mechanical Design CAD work.

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                                Did any of you consider this post? I don't think I would give up a sure thing for this.
                                That's the part that has me worried. If the company was established,or even if he acted a little more realistic on certain subject, It might be different.

Comment

Working...
                                X