X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 nosler

anyone own one?
    does it perform as advertised?
    what's the bullet performance on actual game?
    thinking of getting a custom in this caliber.
    any reason to not own one of these?

Only negative is ammo price.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Only negative is ammo price.

If you are shooting enough that Ammo price is a concern you should be reloading anyway.

I’d almost bet that a typical hunting rifle sees no more than 2 boxes a year through it and that’s probably being generous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        If you are shooting enough that Ammo price is a concern you should be reloading anyway.

I’d almost bet that a typical hunting rifle sees no more than 2 boxes a year through it and that’s probably being generous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        He asked if there was a negative and if there really was one that’s the only one I could think of.

Comment

I don't shoot enough to worry about ammo cost.
          also I have a good buddy that is a reloading nut so we work up loads for my guns if needed.

Comment

I had one, it shot a 129 Accuebond ok. I had a really hard time getting it to shoot up to my standards. Shot several animals and they were DRT. I ended up getting a 28 nosler built and really happy with it. Sending a 175 VLD at 3185 is awesome.

Comment

Huge negative the barrel life

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                How many rounds have you put thru yours?

Comment

I have a 270 I've owned for more than 25 years that hasn't crossed 300 rounds yet. I tend to not shoot one single gun very much through out the year so I doubt barrel life will effect me much.

Comment

You don’t buy a hot rod and worry about the tires, if you did you should probably buy a Kia.
                    I never worry about barrel life, never even crosses my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                      I have a 270 I've owned for more than 25 years that hasn't crossed 300 rounds yet. I tend to not shoot one single gun very much through out the year so I doubt barrel life will effect me much.
                      I got a Browning X-bolt for Christmas last year and I have been pleased. I bought 4 boxes of nosler trophy grade 140 grain accubonds mainly for the brass. The accubonds shoot around an inch. Handloads with rl-33 I've gotten to a little under 3/4 inch. If I shoot out the barrel I'll finally be able to justify to the wife a new rifle!

Comment

Read to expect 500 rounds...and I'm in the same boat with a 257 weatherby, lol.

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                        How many rounds have you put thru yours?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                          I got a Browning X-bolt for Christmas last year and I have been pleased. I bought 4 boxes of nosler trophy grade 140 grain accubonds mainly for the brass. The accubonds shoot around an inch. Handloads with rl-33 I've gotten to a little under 3/4 inch. If I shoot out the barrel I'll finally be able to justify to the wife a new rifle!
                          I buy my wife small shiny objects to justify new guns.
                          Once every few years I'll buy her a gun just to keep things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                            I had one, it shot a 129 Accuebond ok. I had a really hard time getting it to shoot up to my standards. Shot several animals and they were DRT. I ended up getting a 28 nosler built and really happy with it. Sending a 175 VLD at 3185 is awesome.
                            I shoot 210 Bergers at almost that speed. It is nice.

Comment

Read to expect 500 rounds...and I'm in the same boat with a 257 weatherby, lol.
                              Most of what I read has indicated 800 to 1000 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X