Where to buy seed for small plots -North DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy seed for small plots -North DFW

I'm planting a couple small plots (1/8-1/4 AC) on a new piece of property I bought in Hunt co. It mainly overgrown pasture and I've been working on discing some small areas with my atv. I don't think I need a lot of seed for what I have ready to plant.

Am I better off to order whitetail institute mix on Amazon or go to a local feed store? I'd like to try iron/clay peas or lablab but not sure who might carry it locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you thought about native mixes? If so. Bamert is a source .

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
      I'm planting a couple small plots (1/8-1/4 AC) on a new piece of property I bought in Hunt co. It mainly overgrown pasture and I've been working on discing some small areas with my atv. I don't think I need a lot of seed for what I have ready to plant.

Am I better off to order whitetail institute mix on Amazon or go to a local feed store? I'd like to try iron/clay peas or lablab but not sure who might carry it locally.

Be ready to drop a chunk of change for the whitetail institute, and have most of it left. IMHO, although they have a good product, whitetail institute is EXTREMELY overpriced. There are many places online that sell seeds and ship for less, though sometimes shipping gets you.

Try deer creek seed
      Deer Creek Seed Co. can help you out! From native grasses and wildflowers to top quality lawn seed we have the landscaping seed you are looking for.

Or seed land
      Seedland’s PREMIUM SEED DOMAIN PORTFOLIO …. Welcome to Seedland.com OUR PREMIUM SEED DOMAIN PORTFOLIO … In business use for over 23 years – NOW FOR SALE. *Domains & Page WordPress Structure without…

Or Cooper seeds

There are lots of places to order online, these are just the three off the top of my head.

Also, at the size plot you are looking at, you could use cover plot mixes off of amazon.

Comment

MBS seed out of Denton.

Comment

Great, thanks for the info/links. Native would be fine with me, just not sure what to put in that is heat/drought tolerant. Planting in TX is new to me. I thought shipping seed might not be cost effective.

Comment

Justin Seed Company. Justin, Tx. Great seed company and knowledgeable help.

Comment

Personally I prefer to go to local feed store and get seed rather than the premix stuff. Not sure if it is any better or worse, just the way I have always done it. But this does allow me to plant specifically what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                Be ready to drop a chunk of change for the whitetail institute, and have most of it left. IMHO, although they have a good product, whitetail institute is EXTREMELY overpriced. There are many places online that sell seeds and ship for less, though sometimes shipping gets you.

Try deer creek seed
                Deer Creek Seed Co. can help you out! From native grasses and wildflowers to top quality lawn seed we have the landscaping seed you are looking for.

Or seed land
                Seedland’s PREMIUM SEED DOMAIN PORTFOLIO …. Welcome to Seedland.com OUR PREMIUM SEED DOMAIN PORTFOLIO … In business use for over 23 years – NOW FOR SALE. *Domains & Page WordPress Structure without…

Or Cooper seeds

There are lots of places to order online, these are just the three off the top of my head.

Also, at the size plot you are looking at, you could use cover plot mixes off of amazon.

I'm actually thinking of buying some Tecomate seed to plant a half acre, and plant the rest with either Justin seed or Turner seed. I know Tecomate is overpriced as well, but I want to make a comparison myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  I'm actually thinking of buying some Tecomate seed to plant a half acre, and plant the rest with either Justin seed or Turner seed. I know Tecomate is overpriced as well, but I want to make a comparison myself.
                  Have you planted anything yet? I'm the rep for Tecomate here in Texas and would love to help you out and answer any questions you might have

Comment

Where can I get large quantities of Fall Switchgrass seed?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought mine at East Texas Seed Company in Tyler if you ever make it over that way. They'll ship it to you but it's $25 for shipping I think.

Comment

turner seed ,breckinridge

Comment

Turner seed will work. I can go through there on the way to the ranch.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                              Justin Seed Company. Justin, Tx. Great seed company and knowledgeable help.
                              This I will post a link shortly.

Comment

Working...
                              X