No announcement yet.

Rivers to kayak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to posts like this one, i dropped some cash today on a fishing yak for me and regular kayak for the wife...so let’s keep up the chit chat! I need to get my lines wet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
      Seems like there was enough Interest, we should plan something as a group! Gotta plan ahead though because my work schedule for summer is being planned now...
      Jenn we are planning a devils trip. Y'all should join us

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Jenn we are planning a devils trip. Y'all should join us
        Shoot me a text

-Highly Respected since 2014

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
          Years ago, we'd do the Illinois River outside Tallequah, OK. Seems like it was about 5 hours from Fort Worth?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          My family goes here every year. Its a beautiful place and always has good flow. We have never had to drag the raft or kayak. Its also a lot less crowded then the central Texas rivers. Seems like it takes a little over 4 hours from my house in Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
            My family goes here every year. Its a beautiful place and always has good flow. We have never had to drag the raft or kayak. Its also a lot less crowded then the central Texas rivers. Seems like it takes a little over 4 hours from my house in Allen.

Yeah it’s a very nice float.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

ttt

My canoe/kayak group is going to try to float the upper Guadalupe later in May this year. So far the river is down but there's plenty of time between now and then. I will definitely have a plan B in the event the river doesn't have good float-able water then. With the upper Guad it's all about the flow levels. Anyone got any good places to put in and/or take out above Bergheim's? It's been several years since we did this stretch and my memory is a little fuzzy.

Comment

Below Toledo Bend on the Sabine. My brother and I took two canoes and did the 50 miles to Bon Weir. We used a shuttle service on the other side of the dam. The water wasn't flowing too much, but we never had to drag. Plenty of camping spots on the sand bars.

Comment

Working...
                X