Table Saw, Miter Saw Work Bench Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table Saw, Miter Saw Work Bench Ideas

I know there are a bunch of wood workers on here from all the projects I have seen. I am looking for a workbench/work station that will roll and house my table saw, miter saw, router and possible a couple more tools. I have been building a bunch of kitchen cabinets for my grandmother since she flooded in Harvey and my dad has always helped me with mainly ripping the 4x8 sheets of plywood, but he has passed last month so I no longer have my wood working project buddy for help. Since I work O&G offshore I het 2 weeks off at a time and its hard getting someone during the week for the help needed. My wife helps some when she gets off work but that is a lot of time wasted during the day to get things done. So I am wanting to get yall to post some pictures of the work benches yall have for some more ideas. I have found a couple ideas on the ol' google but will need some tweeking to fit my needs. Since about October I have built kitchen cabinets, shelves, bathroom cabinets, cabinet doors, cut molding, tiled backsplash and still have much more to do. My kid wants me to build her a night stand and desk, my mom wants a table and my grandmother wants a window bench. Most of the time I will have them get my dad to start or build them things since I am gone so much but now I am trying to do it all myself with the little time off I have. Thanks

Look on Pinterest, lots of great ideas on there that may help.

Comment

I agree...check out Pinterest and you'll see things you didn't even think about needing on a workbench!

Comment

So good to hear I'm not the only one using pinterest. Lots of creative ideas out there.

I'm suffering from a similar problem OP.

Unfortunately I don't have much room and only have a compact table saw. I was considering buying a legit metal guide/straight edge for my skil saw for plywood. The makita ones are pricey though.

Comment

I cant use pintrest at work, im either to impatient or our net at work is entirely to slow. Maybe both. 95% of the time I cant even get the website to load so I can log in and I have enough projects that came from pintrest for others that I don't need to be looking at it and adding to it. Haha. I have seen many by looking at google images and some even come from pintrest so I have some ideas, just trying to see if anyone on here has build one and what their design and layout is. I don't need build sheets, specs or any of that. Just a pics for ideas. I will have to adjust for my needs and tool sizes anyways. I have a 15A 10" kobalt miter saw, Bosch 4000 table saw, dewalt router w/ craftsman table and shop vac I want to put into it to be used but would also like to store bench top band saw, grinder, circular saw and other tools with power strip so I don't have 10 power cords running everywhere, have an air line hooked up to it so I can just connect my compressor for quick cleaning and I am sure I will add some other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie View Post
            I know there are a bunch of wood workers on here from all the projects I have seen. I am looking for a workbench/work station that will roll and house my table saw, miter saw, router and possible a couple more tools. I have been building a bunch of kitchen cabinets for my grandmother since she flooded in Harvey and my dad has always helped me with mainly ripping the 4x8 sheets of plywood, but he has passed last month so I no longer have my wood working project buddy for help. Since I work O&G offshore I het 2 weeks off at a time and its hard getting someone during the week for the help needed. My wife helps some when she gets off work but that is a lot of time wasted during the day to get things done. So I am wanting to get yall to post some pictures of the work benches yall have for some more ideas. I have found a couple ideas on the ol' google but will need some tweeking to fit my needs. Since about October I have built kitchen cabinets, shelves, bathroom cabinets, cabinet doors, cut molding, tiled backsplash and still have much more to do. My kid wants me to build her a night stand and desk, my mom wants a table and my grandmother wants a window bench. Most of the time I will have them get my dad to start or build them things since I am gone so much but now I am trying to do it all myself with the little time off I have. Thanks

Here is a bench I made to hold my router and various hand tools. I store my nail guns and compressor below. I have the drawers to store my kreg jig, bits, screws,etc. I usually keep my miter saw on top but then take it off if I need my router. I have blocks I put on the top that are the same height as the miter saw so I can cut long boards without them flopping around. I made the bench the same height as my table saw so I can more easily cut large sheets on the table saw. I do need to add a power strip though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can also take a look at You Tube. There are a few guys that are over the top on table designs that are super functional, flip up tables for your table saw, some have a recessed shelf for your table saw to allow for the entire table to be utilized on breaking down sheets.

There is a lot of info out there, some excessive and others are just simple.

Comment

I'd make several smaller benches, instead of one big one.
                Just make them all the same height.

Comment

Made a miter saw table and a separate table for my router set up. Found it easier to use and move around when separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree that separate work surfaces is a better idea, but if you need it to be portable/mobile look at the Paulk Total Station. He is a full time finish carpenter that is constantly working on improving efficiency. Most of the Pinterest projects are things people throw together with little thought and are happy with them because it’s better than working on the ground.

The Paulk Total Station (PTS) is a portable woodworking station that is designed for use by professionals such as finish carpenters, home builders, and remod...

Honestly though, I own a finish carpentry company and we work almost as well on job sites out of our trailer than we do at our shop.

A quality miter saw stand like this one

A pair of these stands for table saw outfeed supports

A pair of these sawhorses with 2x4’s on them for breaking down plywood, and a sheet of plywood for assembly

And this router table

Again, this gives up VERY little compared to a fully outfitted shop, can be set up in 2 minutes, and stored away in a small space.

I can’t get photos to upload on here, but have plenty of the work we’ve done with this setup.

Comment

I built this a few weeks ago.

Im pleased with how it came out, I looked at some pictures for ideas then just started framing it up based on my specific needs. Would be pretty easy to frame in a spot for a router or other table top tools.

Comment

That is very similar to what I am looking to do except put table saw on right side of 8' length (if measuring from left to right, set saw at the 6' mark) instead of at the end on 4' width. Then put miter saw in center of 8' length on opposite side of table saw and mount it so it can be removed and flipped upside down, base would be level with top of bench and table saw to make a smooth surface for sliding sheet material. Then put router at one of the 4' ends.

Comment

Check out the Ron Paulk workbench. His ideas are great and had what you are looking for. You can make it less portable and on wheels if you want.

Comment

Working...
                          X