X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hook'em Horns!

Comment

Where is Kyle Allen? Is he at Houston? K Hill it's at TCU. Saw the midget warming up on OK sideline when Mayfielf got hurt. Just wondering. Rough game for the horns this week without a running game. Hope the defense keeps us in the game and Sam can work some magic on offense.

Comment

Go Frogs

Comment

College Football 2017 Week 8

I got really drunk at Scholz's on Saturday with Texas OU. Like my cousins wouldn't let me drive the golf cart later in the evening drunk. Had a great time though and even led a few bar cheers which is highly unusual for me. While I hate to drop a close one to the the toothless inbreds, at least the game was entertaining and well fought. It also appears we found a solid quarterback in that Westlake kid. I think we all knew that going in but it's nice to see it confirmed. That's one heck of a stage to cut your teeth on.
          Last edited by Legdog; 10-16-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Another way to look at it is this Texas team is 2 plays from being 5-1 and top 10.
            You can drink a gallon of burnt orange koolaid and look at it that way....but we are still 3-3. I do think things are heading in the right direction but the fact of the matter is, we are a very mediocre football team again this year.

On the flip side, the Aggies have played some bad football in a few games this year and really only played well in less than half of their games but they are still 5-2. (And one of the games they played well was a loss to Alabama).

We are a 3-3 football team with a banged up doodoo offensive line, RB issues, a qb who while playing very well for being a freshman....is still a freshman, and at least one starting cornerback that has been extremely overrated. IMO, finishing 7-5 and making it to a bowl game is a best case scenario at this point.
            Last edited by Gclyde28; 10-16-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Since 1939? Texas 40-36-3 which includes. War was what, 1939 to 1945? From 1945 35-35-3

True rivalry!!! http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/tx/ok.shtml

Per decade:

W L T PFPG PAPG
              2010's 2 6 0 26.0 36.0
              2000's 4 6 0 20.9 28.7
              1990's 7 2 1 24.2 20.1
              1980's 4 5 1 18.8 24.3
              1970's 3 6 1 15.6 22.6
              1960's 9 1 0 20.7 8.9
              1950's 3 7 0 10.4 21.5
              1940's 8 2 0 19.3 10.4
              1930's 6 3 1 9.3 7.7
              1920's 3 0 0 26.3 7.0
              1910's 3 6 0 10.7 10.0
              1900's 9 2 1 16.6 8.8
              Dec 7 1941

Comment

It's disappointing no matter how you look at it. Sitting at 3-3, if you pencil in BU and KU as Wins and OSU and TCU as Losses, they'll have to split TT and WV to get to 6-6. I'll stick with 7-5 and a bowl win, but they're going to need to get the offense churning!

The OL is so depleted, it's going to be a difficult task. Porter is out with a broken rib, CW3 is a TE not a running back, so give the **** ball to Carter!
                I'll stick with my original 6-6 and a bowl win prediction. Happy to see all the improvements they have made but with the depleted OL concerns me.

I agree to move CW3 to tight end. Him and Brewer could make an awesome TE combo. Bring them both in the backfield for short yardage situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Dec 7 1941
                  Aight 39-35-3 (Texas) since the Japs bombed Pearl Harbour.

Comment

Radio guy said 1946 and WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Radio guy said 1946 and WWII.

Ended in late 45 I think, so that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                        You can drink a gallon of burnt orange koolaid and look at it that way....but we are still 3-3. I do think things are heading in the right direction but the fact of the matter is, we are a very mediocre football team again this year.

On the flip side, the Aggies have played some bad football in a few games this year and really only played well in less than half of their games but they are still 5-2. (And one of the games they played well was a loss to Alabama).

We are a 3-3 football team with a banged up doodoo offensive line, RB issues, a qb who while playing very well for being a freshman....is still a freshman, and at least one starting cornerback that has been extremely overrated. IMO, finishing 7-5 and making it to a bowl game is a best case scenario at this point.
                        While I agree with this statement, Charlie Strong didn't get fired because this team was in great shape as a whole. I'm glad to see improvements.....as long as they keep improving, the wins will come. The ****ty game plan for the first half of the OU game concerns me, but they made adjustments and made a game of it. Charlie and crew didn't know what a halftime adjustment was as evidenced by the constant 3rd qtr meltdowns. I like what I see as a whole.....just keep on growing and improving this first year.

Comment

Sumlin isn't going anywhere. Good team, young, but good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          I think you're right, but hopefully he will keep coaching his a** off from here on out

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                            Where is Kyle Allen? Is he at Houston? K Hill it's at TCU. Saw the midget warming up on OK sideline when Mayfielf got hurt. Just wondering. Rough game for the horns this week without a running game. Hope the defense keeps us in the game and Sam can work some magic on offense.
                            Allen is at Houston. The midget!

Comment

Teams are still not keen on going towards Hollywood.

OU threw at Holton Hill three times: a dropped WR screen, a near-INT by Hager and a 4-yard completion off a scramble. 1/3 for 4 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Here you go Razorback01

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	24514717

Comment

Working...
                                X