DIY 12V LED Lighting upgrade/Outdoor Shower Stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY 12V LED Lighting upgrade/Outdoor Shower Stall

I decided to upgrade the lighting in my shower stall.

The AA battery operated lights I was using we're getting old and just not cutting it.

I picked up these little led PODs from a local electronics shop for $3 per POD. Each POD or whatever you call them, has 3 small lights.

I think I used 11 or 12 pods for this install but could have gotten away with less but I wanted it BRIGHT! 6 pods would have been plenty.

I wired the string of lights to the 12V battery that runs my water pump and it is recharged by a solar panel.

I used an old extension cord (cut off the ends) and use a single pole light switch to turn them on.

Once I find a good 12V dusk/dawn sensor I will rig some of these up to my Polaris Ranger garage to help combat the mice.
    Attached Files

Nice work.

Comment

That looks really bright. Nice job.

Comment

Wow! Much brighter than I though. Great job.

Comment

Got any advice on wiring in a dusk to dawn sensor between solar panel, 12v lights, battery? I bought this shed and it has some lights on the outside above the door. I'd like to get them going with a solar panel and battery but don't want them on all the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	signal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	24409248

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Got any advice on wiring in a dusk to dawn sensor between solar panel, 12v lights, battery? I bought this shed and it has some lights on the outside above the door. I'd like to get them going with a solar panel and battery but don't want them on all the time.

[ATTACH]749577[/ATTACH]
            Headed to electronics store at lunch, owner will be there to show me how to build and wire. Will share info later today or tomorrow.

Comment

It's been a while since I played with electronics but you would want to connect it between the light and the battery. You could also install a switch that would allow you to over ride the sensor. Here is a link on YouTube

This short video shows the simple wiring of the Acetek dusk to dawn photocell switch. Operated from a 12 Volt power supply that could as easier been a batter...

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Try this:
                  Morningstar's SunLight™ solar lighting controller combines the SunSaver design with an advanced microcontroller for automatic lighting control functions.

We sell them in Tomball.
                  Ameresco Solar
                  Several TBH work here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggies12 View Post
                    Try this:
                    Morningstar's SunLight™ solar lighting controller combines the SunSaver design with an advanced microcontroller for automatic lighting control functions.

We sell them in Tomball.
                    Ameresco Solar
                    Several TBH work here.
                    whats this cost?

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                      Headed to electronics store at lunch, owner will be there to show me how to build and wire. Will share info later today or tomorrow.
                      Electronics store was a bust, not worth the time and money to build one.

Will probably just order a sensor switch off ebay from UK or Hong Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggies12 View Post
                        Try this:

We sell them in Tomball.
                        Ameresco Solar
                        Several TBH work here.
                        Are yall right down the road from Concordia before you get to the RR tracks?

Comment

I just bought 4 of these off ebay for $14 shipped,
                          The seller "victoryduanshop" is in California so I should have them in the next week or so.
                          I'll post a thread once I get them installed.
                          Attached Files

Comment

What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              What is it?

It's a thing-a-ma-jabber. Can't ya tell?

Howdy Bobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X