Trying to keep an open mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to keep an open mind.

I'm working in my garden today, in and out of the house.
    My wife is watching hunting shows, and I see a commercial for a product and notice that several prominent hunting personalities are promoting this product.
    Last year, these same personalities were promoting a different product, but this year, it seems they all are promoting this fairly new product.
    This product provides nothing that the previous product they were using didn't, but is simply "new".
    My take is that this company decided to pump money into these celebrities to promote this product, and these celebrities played, simply for the money.
    I understand that it pays to play, but at what point does integrity trump money?
    Do viewers really fall for this stuff?
    I see this on hunting websites also, and simply wonder if this game is more about money than actually promoting good products and/ or companies.

Anything on TV is almost always about money

Comment

I think they are all whores to the money. The more the company is willing to pay the quicker the jump. After all the are “professionals”.

Personally I do not buy almost anything these “professionals” promote.

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
        Anything at anytime at anyplace is almost always about money.

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
          Truth. I don’t watch hunting shows...I’ve gotten what little I know from here. I’ve gotten advice from guys who seem to know what they are talking about.

Comment

None of us work for free......

Comment

Money! That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                I think they are all whores to the money. The more the company is willing to pay the quicker the jump. After all the are “professionals”.

Personally I do not buy almost anything these “professionals” promote.

Same could be said for anyone in corporate America. Especially sales professionals due to commission and comp plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

I never, ever buy something due to who advertises for the product.. In fact I usually steer clear of products co-branded with a TV personality or a particular organization.

Do you ?

Comment

That's why I started watching YouTube shows. Plus I can just choose to watch shows in my neck of the woods. Not the Midwest which is boring to me. Sitting in a tree for five days and only seeing 6 or 7 deer and filling the gaps with blah,blah,blah nonsense and crappy products like WGI.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                      I never, ever buy something due to who advertises for the product.. In fact I usually steer clear of products co-branded with a TV personality or a particular organization.

Do you ?

When it comes to my bowhunting, I actually test products, regardless of who or how it's promoted.

Comment

it’s been that way forever.

About 15 years ago a friend of mine that has a nice HF operation was approached by one of the bigger on-air hunting personalities about them donating a hunt in exchange for television promotion of their ranch. They weren’t real excited but agreed to look over the terms. They wanted him to scrub all traces of any product they didn’t use and agree to replace all their stuff with show friendly merch. On their dime (with a discount). Furthermore, if show didn’t like the footage, they could just start over and shoot another big buck, etc, etc.

Was almost comical. Most of those shows are a WWF equivalent.

Comment

So just because someone gets paid to plug a product means the product is useless?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                            That's why I started watching YouTube shows. Plus I can just choose to watch shows in my neck of the woods. Not the Midwest which is boring to me. Sitting in a tree for five days and only seeing 6 or 7 deer and filling the gaps with blah,blah,blah nonsense and crappy products like WGI.
                            But, that's more realistic than what most hunters expect.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              So just because someone gets paid to plug a product means the product is useless?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                              Didn't say or imply that.

Comment

Working...
                              X