Bolt Action 22 Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt Action 22 Rifles

I'm looking to pick up a Bolt Action 22 for range time and to teach the kids to shoot. I'd like to keep it in the $200 range. I don't want a youth size or a single shot. One of the primary reasons for me picking one up is to help affordably scratch the itch when I want to dump a bunch of brass at the range.

I'm considering some of the semi-auto options like the Marlin 795 or 60, Ruger 10/22, or the Remington 597, but I keep coming back to the bolt actions. In my mind, the bolt action should be less finicky with ammo.

I can't justify the CZ's, higher end 22 rifles, etc. Primary use will be range time as described above with maybe some light varmint hunting involved.

What rifle would you suggest?

We have a bunch of the semi auto 22s but my dad just picked this one up and its awesome.

Comment

What about the Savage bolt action 22lr?

Comment

For that price range I always did like the savage mark 2 bolt action rifles. For a semi auto I have always liked the marlin model 60 or 795. Depending on if you want tube fed or mag fed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also don't count out the Ruger American 22 rifle.

Comment

Marlin or Savage both make decent rimfires in that price range.

Comment

I picked up a savage bolt action 17 hmr recently. It is not a 22, but I have been happy with it.

Comment

Ruger,Savage or Marlin.

Comment

Hit a couple local pawn shops usually a few nice older 22’s waiting for new homes

Comment

Ended up picking up a Ruger American. The wife liked it best, so that was a big factor in dropping the extra $70. We messed with the American, Marlin XT with the mag, a few different 10/22s, a Henry lever, and a few others. I didn't like the mags on the Marlins, they felt cheap and in the way. I felt like the wood stock 10/22 felt a bit more solid than the synthetic 10/22 and I felt like if I bought the 10/22, I'd instantly be looking for other parts, just because.

They had the American in a shorter barrel and a longer barrel, we went with the longer barrel since it will mostly be a range gun. In reality, I think I could have bought any of them, and been really happy and on top of that, Lord knows I'll end up with several!

Comment

I've got Savage Mark II. It's a sweet shooting little gun and comes with their accu trigger. Saw your post right after I replied. The Ruger is a nice little gun as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X