Monarch 7pt down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monarch 7pt down!

After a month of dealing with post-Harvey issues, I had to head out of town for the archery opener to salvage the little bit sanity I had left. I watched the sunrise on Saturday and man, that felt good! It had been way too long since I last got away into the woods. I had some deer show up early, and while checking up on some 'live' threads on my phone, I got busted by a buck (thanks NurseJenn ) that was just inside the brush line. He turned and walked away and I didn't get a good enough look.

I had high hopes he would be back for the evening hunt, so I spent a good amount of time shooting during the midday lull. Felt good. Early afternoon I packed up and headed out with a handcorn satchel ready to go. Got setup and settled in. Does and fawns showed up early, then a few small bucks...all within 20 yards. Daylight was soon going to start running out and my hopes of seeing him fading as well, when suddenly a doe looks to the left. I slowly look over my shoulder and he steps out of the woods. He turns his head towards me and my eyes get big! Wide 7pt! He didn't waste time pushing the other smaller bucks off of the corn and settled in at 25 yards. It had to wait for the right time to draw as one of the does was at 5 yards and kept looking up. I got a break and drew back.....settled my pin, and as soon as he moved his left leg forward I touched the release. Perfect shot! He kicked up in the air and bolted. I watched him run through the brush and at about 60-75 yards he stopped and started to tumble....GOT HIM! Thanks to the good Lord for giving me the opportunity to cross paths and harvest such a beautiful animal. He's not a 'trophy' per antler standards....but boy am I proud of him! Thanks for reading and happy hunting!
    Attached Files

Congratulations on a great deer. Great write up and pics.

Comment

Well done, Great Buck

Congratulations

Comment

Orale!! Congrats amigo! With all you have been through, I am glad to see you out in the woods getting it done!

Well done!

Comment

Awesome deer man!

Comment

Congrats, on a good looking buck

Comment

Congrats! Tim showed us your pics this weekend! I was waiting for the write up

Comment

congrats. beautiful buck bro.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great Buck

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Very nice, congrats

Comment

Congratulations! I enjoyed the read and pictures!!!!

Comment

Awesome buck luis!

Comment

Great store and congrats on a beautiful deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X