Bathtub advice???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathtub advice???

We are remodeling our bathroom and have to pick out a new tub. Originally I was thinking about a 6’ tub but after talking to some people I’ve heard it can be uncomfortable. Basically it’s so long you have to hold yourself up to keep from slipping in?

Anyone with experience with tub installs that can confirm or deny this? If it helps my wife is fairly tall(5’10”).

If your short, and there's no dished or raised area for your butt, yes sir. Do go deep though.

Comment

do a shower instead.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        If your short, and there's no dished or raised area for your butt, yes sir. Do go deep though.
        You think 5’10” would have that issue with a 6’ tub?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          do a shower instead.
          We will have a decent sized walk-in shower

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
            You think 5’10” would have that issue with a 6’ tub?
            Basic math says yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              Basic math says yes.
              I figured someone would say that.
              The 6’ is overall length, basin length is shorter.

Comment

We have a 6’+ tub and have no issues with it being uncomfortable. It’s a kohler tub my suggestion on the shower is rain heads and body sprayers.

Comment

Here is a picture
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                    Here is a picture
                    That is nice. My wife better not see this

Comment

We have a tub in our house at the ranch. In almost two years, it has been used exactly one time and that was not by me. I can't remember the last time I have used a tub. Showers for me.

Comment

We had a long, wide, free-standing tub in our lakehouse. It'd fit us both. I don't miss the lakehouse, but I **** sure miss our times in that tub.

Get a big one. If she slides, she can sit on a hand towel.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                          We have a tub in our house at the ranch. In almost two years, it has been used exactly one time and that was not by me. I can't remember the last time I have used a tub. Showers for me.
                          My wife and I were discussing building plans earlier and its sounding like we will just do a big walk in shower and skip the tub all together. Ours hasn't been used but for our little one to take a bubble bath here and there.

OP, I have no experience with a 6' tub but that seems long and not relaxing. Seems you'd be clinched up to keep your head above water.

Comment

I do about 100 bathrooms a month, give or take, and we sell a ton of 6' tubs. It will be fine, just buy a quality one.

Comment

When I remodeled the bath I just went with a standard length 5’ tub, but 25” deep. It’s wonderful and gets used all the time. Used the extra space on an oversized marble shower

Comment

Working...
                              X