Memorial Day flags...your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day flags...your thoughts?

Have seen this done in the past around Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veteran's day. I was thinking about flying 2 in the bed of my truck. A few questions arose:

1.) Is this against the U.S. flag code for method of display?

2.) The flags I've seen in the past tend to get frayed at the end from the wind. Would displaying a frayed flag be disrespectful?

3.) Is doing this trashy, or a proper tribute?

Thanks all!
    Attached Files

I know the Flag Code exist for a reason, but I don't think I've ever seen Old Glory flown in any manner that didn't make me proud just to see it being flown.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      I know the Flag Code exist for a reason, but I don't think I've ever seen Old Glory flown in any manner that didn't make me proud just to see it being flown.
      I tend to agree with this train of thought. If it is being flown/displayed as a sign of Patriotism then I am all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Yep....fly it high!

Comment

It may be against the flag code, but it's not disrespectful IMO

Let her fly

Comment

I relay this on every flag thread I come across. A couple of years ago, I heard a Marine speak that was at Iwo Jima. VERY, interesting to hear his story. During his talk, he said in years since, it has saddened him that there were more American flags flying in Normandy, when he last visited, than he sees around his home town. He said, "Please, if you have a flag at home, fly it! A lot of men died for that flag!" I went home and put mine up, put a light on it for night and flew it 24/7/365 until the squirrels waged war on it. They tore it up. I replaced it and they tore that one up in a couple of days. I need to get a pole where they can't get to it and start flying mine again.
            I know what the code says, but a veteran's request means more to me.
            Fly it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to drive a truck that looked just like that but I had mine on a pole I made for my receiver hitch. Used to cruise up and down Crystal beach with it displayed proudly. Fly it man and it doesn't have to be a holiday.

Comment

Personally, I see it as trashy behind a truck, unless its Bigfoot at a monster truck rally. Or on a truck at a tractor pull.

That being said, if you want to do it, have at it! I'm not going to stop you from displaying your patriotism. We all show it in our own ways.

Comment

Fly it high and proud!! (unless you have stacks blowing black smoke on Ol' Glory)

Comment

Looks like freedom to me! 'Murica!

Comment

It would look better on a Ford

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        It would look better on a Ford
                        It would definitely dress one of those hoopties up....

Comment

I think if you fly it for a day, it's fine. Where I have had a problem is when it get's to be worn and dirty and not properly cared for. There are a couple of guys around town that do this and I would like to have a chat with them about caring for the flag. But there are a lot of flags full sized flag poles that are allowed to become worn and stained so it's a lot larger issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                            I think if you fly it for a day, it's fine. Where I have had a problem is when it get's to be worn and dirty and not properly cared for. There are a couple of guys around town that do this and I would like to have a chat with them about caring for the flag. But there are a lot of flags full sized flag poles that are allowed to become worn and stained so it's a lot larger issue.
                            Very true. I hate seeing an old worn flag flown

Comment

Fly it high and proud and if someone says it offends them, tell them to get with the program or take their commy asses out of the country

Comment

Working...
                              X