Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodinaRanč
    Specifics? You've done NOTHING BUT speak in loose terms on a subject your grossly uninformed in, yet you freel credible & want to be heard...lol

Why would UAL pay him...they did nothing to violate their end of the deal?? All that would do is open up flood gates for every unsatisfied customer to throw a tantrum & get paid...lol
    You keep bringing up the customer violating the contract that they should have known about. Who knows the airline's procedures better, the airline or the customer?

The airline's end of the deal was apparently this:

DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash. The amount depends on the price of their ticket and the length of the delay:

Now tell us again who is to blame here. Should the airline not be held to this standard because YOU have never seen it happen???

Comment

Folks: Maybe tone down things. Lots of interesting ideas and opinions shared on this situation; hate to see things devolve and go away. Some maybe need to agree to disagree as J Sweet stated earlier.

BTW: Fixin to be a press conference with Doc's lawyers

Comment

At the very least , this is a PR nightmare. We have had the same thing with police videos where you get 20 seconds to decide who's at fault. Social media has really gotten out of hand in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          You keep bringing up the customer violating the contract that they should have known about. Who knows the airline's procedures better, the airline or the customer?

DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash. The amount depends on the price of their ticket and the length of the delay:

Now tell us again who is to blame here. Should the airline not be held to this standard because YOU have never seen it happen???
          Kind of hard to give someone a written notice when they are running back on the plane, or getting drug down the isle, don't ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Folks: Maybe tone down things. Lots of interesting ideas and opinions shared on this situation; hate to see things devolve and go away. Some maybe need to agree to disagree as J Sweet stated earlier.

BTW: Fixin to be a press conference with Doc's lawyers
            I'll take this as good advice .

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Kind of hard to give someone a written notice when they are running back on the plane, or getting drug down the isle, don't ya think?
              I believe the protocol is to give the written notice at the gate prior to boarding. As far as I know there is not a protocol to de-board a paying customer (to bump them for employees). Because it is not supposed to happen.

Where do you get the info that he is running back and forth between the gate and the plane? The video(s) I saw shows him talking calmly on his phone and calmly telling the security folks that he is not giving up his seat....then he gets skull dragged....then he comes from somewhere running back onto the plane all bloodied. I guess there may be some other timeline that makes sense but I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

I believe the protocol is to give the written notice at the gate prior to boarding. As far as I know there is not a protocol to de-board a paying customer (to bump them for employees). Because it is not supposed to happen.

Where do you get the info that he is running back and forth between the gate and the plane? The video(s) I saw shows him talking calmly on his phone and calmly telling the security folks that he is not giving up his seat....then he gets skull dragged....then he comes from somewhere running back onto the plane all bloodied. I guess there may be some other timeline that makes sense but I haven't seen it yet.
                The video being shown was just the confrontation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  The video being shown was just the confrontation.
                  I saw a video on fox news last night showing them talking to the guy....before the drag. He was sitting in his seat telling them he wasn't going to leave. Was filmed by the passenger in the seat behind him. You may have already seen this too, but it was the first I had seen of that angle.

Also, where are you getting your info that he was running back and forth from plane to gate like a crazy man?

Comment

It's called being a informed comsumer....no diff than buying a $70k truck & weld in a gooseneck w/o disconnecting batts 1st...you fry the electronics...ford's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                      At the very least , this is a PR nightmare. We have had the same thing with police videos where you get 20 seconds to decide who's at fault. Social media has really gotten out of hand in that regard.
                      We finally agree....regardless of what caused the seating constraint...UAL should have taken the time to reconcile the passenger manifest prior to boarding & none of this would he an issue.....but b/c they didn't doesn't mean they're legally liable ...
                      Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-13-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                        It's called being a informed comsumer....no diff than buying a $70k truck & weld in a gooseneck w/o disconnecting batts 1st...you fry the electronics...ford's fault?
                        You did not answer one of my questions to you. You bring up some strange tangent about purchasing a product and accidentally causing damage to it yourself. That is actually a lot different than purchasing a plane ticket, boarding the plane, sitting in your seat, and expecting to arrive back home in a few hours. Then being dragged out of the plane.....and the airline not following THEIR procedures.

If you don't mind, please look back and answer the other questions.

Comment

I saw a video on fox news last night showing them talking to the guy....before the drag. He was sitting in his seat telling them he wasn't going to leave. Was filmed by the passenger in the seat behind him. You may have already seen this too, but it was the first I had seen of that angle.

Also, where are you getting your info that he was running back and forth from plane to gate like a crazy man?
                          Right. Now ask yourself a question. WHY were there people videoing, WHEN they were videoing? Because he was simply saying I'm not moving? I'm pretty sure there is more to this story than what the media is showing. Imagine that!? Sensationalism comes to mind.

Comment

Tread lightly friends. Posts are being deleted. I'd like to continue the discussion if we can.

Comment

Tread lightly friends. Posts are being deleted. I'd like to continue the discussion if we can.
                              Isn't 14 pages enough?

Comment

Most interesting thing I gleaned from press conference was regarding the statement of injuries. Was said that two teeth were knocked out, nose broken, concussion, sinus damage requiring future surgery.

Frankly, I had thought we were seeing results of, basically, a busted lip from bumping an armrest.

The limp body during the drag could have been due to being knocked out. Evidently, considerable force would have been involved to produce the stated injuries. Also, lawyer said doc had no recollection "nada" of returning to plane -- not saying it didn't happen, but that it was blacked out from his memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X