No announcement yet.

Chase Sapphire card review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Chase Visa Signature United Mileage Plus Card. My annual fee is $60 dollars a year and I only use it for business expenses that are paid monthly.
    Before I changed jobs I was flying a lot on business and had the Chased United card which had the annual fee of $425 dollars which included the annual membership feed to United Club, which I used all the time so it was worth it. I don't travel like that anymore so I don't need it.
    If Chase tries to increase my annual fee I will drop them in a heartbeat and go with my local bank which is $0 annual fee. Or, I might check out the Cabela's card but I have heard that one is not as good as it used to be but don't know for sure.

Comment

They gave you the highest rate because you haven't had a credit card in years. Don't sweat it if you're not gona carry a balance.

Comment

Integrity will always be lacking as long as they are legally able to loan out 40% more money than they physically have. Can any of you guys figure out what I can loan out thAt
        I don’t actually have so I can make some interest?

Comment

I can promise you if anyone enters into a business deal with me I'm going to be upfront and honest with you. I expect the same in return.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of financial experts on TBH, you will surely find an answer here.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
              Drop mic

Comment

The Chase Sapphire preferred is the one I use.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  They gave you the highest rate because you haven't had a credit card in years. Don't sweat it if you're not gona carry a balance.
                  This could be the case. My best friend had paid off his house and had lived in it for years. They also did not use credit cards. Well a few years ago they decided to move and build a new house. They could not get a loan cause they had no recent credit history. They had to jump though all kinds of hoops to get a loan for their new home. Didn't make sense to me but it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                    Yep. People also PMing me wanting the referral bonus points. I love TBH but I'm giving those to family.

Comment

OH no. That's the worst thing you could have done. Are you an idiot or what. Isn't this more what you expected from the green screen. Tx ag is right since you have not had any cards before. Just make sure you pay it off monthly. Just wondering how did you buy gas without a credit card You went inside an paid. Sure seems like a lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I haven't had a credit card in many years. I see friends and family flying around on their points and figured I would finally take the gamble on the Chase Sapphire card. 60,000 point sign on bonus. I plan on paying off the balance every month and only putting my reoccurring bills on it.

The interest rate on it is 16.49 %–25.24 % based off of my credit score. Chase says that you need a minimum score of 670 to apply. That's easy, mine is usually around 780-800.

I figured I would get a interest rate around 20% if I was lucky. NOPE....Chase says, 25.24 % based off of a score of 650. My score has never in my life been that low and is at 775 currently.

One thing I can't stand is a liar and a cheat. These banks nowadays seem to make this kind of thing a standard practice. I'm not 10 minutes into my agreement and I'm already regretting it.
                        pay it off every month and it won't matter what your interest rate is.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          OH no. That's the worst thing you could have done. Are you an idiot or what. Isn't this more what you expected from the green screen. Tx ag is right since you have not had any cards before. Just make sure you pay it off monthly. Just wondering how did you buy gas without a credit card You went inside an paid. Sure seems like a lot of trouble.
                          I have a Debit card. I also have other loans and a morgage. My credit worthiness has been established.

Please put a if the Idiot comment was in a joking manner.

Last edited by Hoggslayer; 01-17-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            pay it off every month and it won't matter what your interest rate is.

Did I not say that in my OP? It's not going to matter but that's not the point. I guess banks do this because everyone seems to say "oh well, it doesn't mattet". It matters to me.

Comment

Buying stuff on a CC and paying it off each month helps your credit score over time. I only have two CC's and only use them for big ticket items and travel expense. Gains me points and boosts my score. I always pay off before any interest accrues.

Comment

Yep just joking

Comment

Working...
                                X