Holster mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holster mod

I love my little Sig P365 and already have a couple IWB and pocket holsters but decided I needed something a bit faster with the ability to one hand re-holster following lessons learned from White Settlement.

I bought and returned two OWB paddle or clip on types. Both easily came loose and in one case hit the ground when I stood up from my chair in a restaurant... Not Acceptable. (BTW I was wearing a substantial leather gun belt when it happened.)

So, I decided to just add a belt slider from a BlackHawk to this Mission First Tactical holster.

With my "donelaps disease" I was getting killed by the sharp edge of the rear sight so I added the leather guard.

It seemed to be working very well until I discovered my mag hanging out the end of the grip... Twice!

All this to say check your MFT holsters and clearance the area where the release button hits or you might find the same thing happening to you.

glad you found that before it became an issue!

Comment

Yes, lots of holsters don't cover where the gun can touch your skin. And then yuo have safety issues. Extended safety's on 1911's are not compatible with lots of holsters. I quit carrying with thumb break types, as every one I have turns the safety off. Not good with single action autos. When I carry the 1911, I carry with a nice looking holster I picked up from a custom maker at a gun show. The only retention is friction in the holster. It's pretty good, but I am not sure it would hold good in a tumble. I only wear it when I want it to be seen, I guess its a barbeque holster.

Didn't want to hijack the op, just a reminder about holster safety.

Comment

Not highjacking either, but finding a good holster is a pita sometimes, especially if it carries a reflex sight. The holster makers need to catch up to the pistol makers !

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
          Yes, lots of holsters don't cover where the gun can touch your skin. And then yuo have safety issues. Extended safety's on 1911's are not compatible with lots of holsters. I quit carrying with thumb break types, as every one I have turns the safety off. Not good with single action autos. When I carry the 1911, I carry with a nice looking holster I picked up from a custom maker at a gun show. The only retention is friction in the holster. It's pretty good, but I am not sure it would hold good in a tumble. I only wear it when I want it to be seen, I guess its a barbeque holster.

Didn't want to hijack the op, just a reminder about holster safety.
          I tried several. The MFT. has a very positive retention and fit, it just needed the one tweak.
          It would be a good idea to put a drop of CA or Loctite on the retention nut once you get it set where you like it.

Comment

Working...
          X