No announcement yet.

Yellowstone Series filming in Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife and I still watch it weekly when it's on. It's by no means perfect, but still beats a majority of the stuff on now. The scenery alone is worth the watch for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigt6450 View Post
      The wife and I still watch it weekly when it's on. It's by no means perfect, but still beats a majority of the stuff on now. The scenery alone is worth the watch for me.
      Same here! Wife, like many really likes Rip, and in these times I enjoy the "kick A**" dealing with those who want to take what they have, lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
        Same here! Wife, like many really likes Rip, and in these times I enjoy the "kick A**" dealing with those who want to take what they have, lol!!
        Same here. I think we could use some Duttons in our lives. And I’m considering Rip to be a Dutton at this point

Comment

Same here. I think we could use some Duttons in our lives. And I’m considering Rip to be a Dutton at this point
          John said it right to Casey on the last episode I believe. Something like this.. To beat evil,you have to be worse/meaner than evil. And that means doing some bad stuff sometimes, That is EXACTLY what this country is facing now. Evil!

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
            I know, some of ya'll like it...………….
            But, I just couldn't watch it...……….
            Bad acting, bad camera work...………
            and the worst, most unbelievable, texas plot in history...………….
            sorry ya'll.…………...
            Good music on the show.

Comment

Same folks calling bad acting on Yellowstone probably love John Wayne and Clint Eastwood's flicks and thought the snake scene in Lonesome Dove was real..

Wife and I dig it. Sure there are some WTH moments but every show has them. I like the scenery and the story. Beats the hell out of anything else on TV right now..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Same folks calling bad acting on Yellowstone probably love John Wayne and Clint Eastwood's flicks and thought the snake scene in Lonesome Dove was real..

Wife and I dig it. Sure there are some WTH moments but every show has them. I like the scenery and the story. Beats the hell out of anything else on TV right now..
                Again and agreed! I had to laugh at the Duke and Eastwood comment. Wife and I have 4 boys, 2 daughters and the main guest bedroom when they visit is FULL of Duke pics obviously decorated in a western flair. No one complains but if they did we both would tell them plenty of hotel rooms available, lol!

We like the show and of course the scenery is great so bring it on Season 4!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

^^^^this. And I’ve noticed your right all the time. Is that just a coincidence or are you that good.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                    ^^^^this. And I’ve noticed your right all the time. Is that just a coincidence or are you that good.

LOL...I'm wrong plenty...

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                      There are multiple pieces of that show, so far, that I swear, are based on real life events, that have happened on various ranches in Texas. I won't name any names. But back in the 70s and 80s, I know of stuff, like what what they show on that show, happening on ranches in Texas. Actually, I was told, of stuff like that happening many years before my time, on a south Texas ranch. Don't know how much of that stuff, still goes on, but bet it does in some areas.

There are some of the show, that is definitely more modern battles, that have been fought by land owners, in recent years.

If you knew some of the crazy stories I have been told about some of the ranches I knew of. It was some crazy stuff. I know of one guy, who finally went to prison, for some of his crimes, but most of his crimes, he was never tried for. Most of those crimes involved stealing property, forcing people off their property, and killing land owners to get their land. Much like the drug cartels have done in more recent years.

I know of ranches that have or had their own security, one that it's security force, was a state agency, may still be, don't know, how things work on that ranch now.

A lot of it seems far fetched, but when you are talking about very large ranches, owned by very wealthy land owners, usually also, own a lot of oil and gas production. They make up a lot of the rules they play by, or at least they used to. Would not be surprised if they don't still do so. Most likely not exactly like they used to do things 30+ years ago, got to change with the times.
                      Hell, the king ranch has their own security

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Creator and director Taylor Sherian is from Cranfills Gap. There is a reason so much Texas Country and ties to Texas on the show. He is a proud Texan.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Hell, the king ranch has their own security

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          I'm virtually 100% positive that's one of the ranches he's referencing.....along with the Manges and a few others.....I'm sure I've heard some of the same "stories" 😉

Comment

Yea we do to, this is truly one of the ONLY shows worth watching any more. For those that don’t watch it, what are you watching instead ? I am curious because we can not find one thing worth watching. We are on our second time of watching game of throns, because we absolutely can not find anything.
                            Last edited by critter69; 10-22-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

at least we know jimmy survives

Comment

So Jimmy didn't die!

Comment

Working...
                                X