Family trip to Costa Rica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family trip to Costa Rica

Im wanting to take the family to Costa Rica this summer and wanted some opinions on destinations. Ive read lots of other threads but wanted to reach out directly. It will be wife and I and 19 yo daughter and 13 yo daughter. lm leaning towards an AIRBNB or vrbo

Los Solenos is very nice.

Comment

If you like nature I would recommend Monteverde. It is in the "cloud forest". Real neat area along the continental divide. The beaches in CR are not the greatest but it is a beautiful place. Make sure your cell phone is unlocked. I bought a Costa Rican SIM card and enough data and minutes for my trip for around $25 USD. I had a Costa Rican phone number and was able to use WAZE. Addresses in Costa Rica are not real great so WAZE helps. There are many locations such as "Tamagringo" that are popular with tourists. You can go there or any of the smaller communities will have more of a Costa Rican flavor. I would recommend eating Gallo Pinto in the mornings. I have been trying to make some here but I cannot replicate it. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
        Los Solenos is very nice.
        los suenos?

if so, GREAT place. absolutely beautiful place . i think it's on herradura bay. close to alot of things to do in jaco. we swam in a pool with scarlet parrots eating figs 20 feet away. green parakeets eating out the window at first light.

best thing was the bakery that i went to every morning and got a kolache. grocery store down the street has alot of typical american items(monster energy drink). sushi resturant, fish place, walk to the beaches.

wish i was able to go back this year.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
          los suenos?

if so, GREAT place. absolutely beautiful place . i think it's on herradura bay. close to alot of things to do in jaco. we swam in a pool with scarlet parrots eating figs 20 feet away. green parakeets eating out the window at first light.

best thing was the bakery that i went to every morning and got a kolache. grocery store down the street has alot of typical american items(monster energy drink). sushi resturant, fish place, walk to the beaches.

wish i was able to go back this year.
          That is it, had a great time there between Christmas and new Years.

Comment

Following

Comment

Tamarindo... check it out

Comment

If you want a different experience and don't mind being off the beaten path, Rafiki Safari Lodge is the place for you. The dwellings are from South Africa and the activities will be tailored for your family. The more adventurous, the better.

This place is not for everyone but ranks as one our best family trips.

Rafikisafari.com

Comment

Went the vrbo route with some friends. We stayed outside of Jaco as none of us like the typical tourist stuff. We rented a couple cars and just figured it out as we went. Made friends with a lot of locals and found some cool stuff. PM me if you are considering this route and want more info.

Comment

Working...
                  X