Elk outfitter Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk outfitter Help

My wife and I are planning on taking a archery elk hunt this September. This will be our first elk hunt and we are very excited. Here's what we are looking for, if you can hep point us in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Looking for a private land hunt on large ranch. We would like 2x1 guide service and don't really care what state. I would like to hunt a place that has a lot of elk vs. fewer but large bulls. For example i would prefer this hunt be more like a hill country deer hunt. Lots of game but does not have to produce 350 inch bulls. A lodge or cabin to sleep in, instead of a tent. I would like to keep it to approx $5,000 each. Thanks for your help and let me know if i am leaving out any important info.

Heck, I will geaux on this one if those parameters exist.....lol!!! 0-4 on elk!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like the place me and other TBHers are going this year:

When I took my first clients in the field back in 1987—I had no idea that today it would be my life’s work As it turns out I was preparing...

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

http://milliganbrand.com
        I have not used these guys but they seem honest to me when I called them.

BTW - Just go ahead and find an outfitter (I'm using H&A Outfitters in NM) to put you in the draw for trophies. Don't wait until after you go to start trying to draw
        Last edited by RiverRat1; 01-16-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Try this place out of Prescott Arizona. http://www.yavapaioutfitters.com/
          I haven’t hunted with him but plan on it I’ve talked to him several times, and he’s was very helpful. His name is David pereda.

Comment

Here is where y'all need to go. Bear Mountain meets all your requirements. I know the ranch manager very well. He has some great guides and the terrain is fairly easy to hunt. You can thank me when you get back.

Take a look at their Face Book page for this past season's results. I know 6-8 of the hunters in the pictures.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Here is your view from your cabin during the last week of archery. This picture was taken in 2014.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bear Mountain Camp (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	24526910

Comment

No offense BULL21, but suggesting an outfitter in Arizona to a person that wants to hunt elk this September does not make much sense.... no private land elk tag opportunities in AZ, draw only.... September of 2032 maybe....

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

http://milliganbrand.com
                Thanks Chew. Has anyone in your group been there before. When y'all going and what package did you pick? Does he have landowner tags, or can you buy them over the counter ?

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                  Thanks Chew. Has anyone in your group been there before. When y'all going and what package did you pick? Does he have landowner tags, or can you buy them over the counter ?
                  All private land (landowner tags). Two guys have been before. They liked the outfitter but They felt it was too early so our group paid extra for the prime time hunt (3rd week of september) with 2x1 guiding.

Hopefully @traildust will respond with more info.

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
                    No offense BULL21, but suggesting an outfitter in Arizona to a person that wants to hunt elk this September does not make much sense.... no private land elk tag opportunities in AZ, draw only.... September of 2032 maybe....
                    Last time I talked to him, he said that he hunts both private and public lands and has a 97% draw success rate for archery non-residents yearly. Just passing info along.
                    Last edited by BULL21; 01-16-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
                      Last time I talked to him, he said that he hunts both private and public lands and has a 97% draw success rate for non-residents yearly. Just passing info along. my
                      Ok.... sorry if I'm wrong.... that is just completely different than everything I thought I knew about Arizona... may have to call him myself if that's the case

Comment

http://www.fishtailranch.com/

Check out this place.

Comment

if you are set on a private hunt and want to keep it simple just do a hill country texas hunt, they offer it for less than that I know of a place here in tx that bull elk start at 3 grand.

If you want a more fair chase hunt id suggest looking at new mexico bc the elk herd is strong and generally larger antlered -and the terrain is manageable for you and wife...tons of public forest access also( outfitters use this as well... dont think that bc you book with an outfitter you will hunt only private land, in fact alot of the larger animals still come from public lands) I believe the gov tag last yr was killed in 36 on public and was a beast.

If you head to colorado you might find the terrain will be a bit more challenging but more number of elk.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
                            http://www.fishtailranch.com/

Check out this place.
                            Won't bash 'em publicly, but I have experience with this outfitter and I would NEVER use them.
                            PM me if you want details.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                              Been there the past 3 seasons. If you go with them I would recommend getting a muley tag. No kill fee. PM me your # and I can give you all the info you need.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X