Lots of fresh Squash-now what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of fresh Squash-now what

I have fried enough and boiled enough..... and the squash is just begainning to really come off of the vine. I need more recipes for fresh squash! I also have plenty of fresh eggs.

Kelly

Got these from girlfriend's Mother. The relish is for canners.

Comment

sautee in a good amount of olive oil the squash with some onions and tomatoes and a little jalapeno if you like it until fork tender no more or it will mush. Fill the jars until there's only 1/3" to the top. Then put your oven on 350 and cook them in the jars on the rack till just when they start to boil. Then pull the jars out tighten down the lids and let them cool on a counter on top of a rag. You'll know you did it right if after they cool the lid doesnt go pop when you push it. Then put em in your pantry and pull them out as you wish and you have sauteed/stewed squash ready to go.

Or slice it up and vacuum pack it or put it in ziploc bags and freeze and pull out when you want it.
      Last edited by mesquitecountry; 06-09-2007, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Cut in half lengthwise.
        Coat in olive oil.
        Season with garlic powder, lemon pepper, Tony C's..............
        Place directly on grill next to your steaks, skin down.

Comment

Kabobs, man, kabobs!

Comment

Find a good recipe for eggplant parmesian and substitute the squash for the eggplant.

Or;
            slice zuccinni in the crockpot, add your favorite jar spagetti sauce, I add in ripe olives, pepperoni, onions and garlic cook on high for 1 hr or until squash is done but not mushy. Serve over pasta.

My last came from my brother;
            Fill several paper grocery bags with squash, cruise shopping areas and find a car unlocked. Place several bags of squash in the unlocked car. Serves them right for leaving their car unlocked.

Comment

Make a Tempura batter and you can fry them. You can use the Tempura batter on anything that you fry, this batter is very light and gooooooood!

Comment

Thank you for the recipes! i tried the cassarol recipe this week and it was WONDERFUL!!!!!

I will definatly "can" some later, tonight I am going to try the unlocked car and back end of the truck method at church!

Thanks,

Kelly

Comment

I like to just brown some ground meat with some onions, throw in cubed or sliced yellow squash and steam it all down with a little salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Thow some grated cheese over top when done.

My mom does basically the same thing with shrimp and zuchinni squash but puts a tablespoon or so of brown sugar in it and serve over rice! Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X