Corpus Christi Backflow Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corpus Christi Backflow Incident

Any of you guys live near, or in, Corpus having to deal with this? Im trying to find articles explaining more of what happened.

Our water supply in Portland is fine. From the sounds of it, stores in the area are all out of bottled water. The officials are saying not to even bathe or wash clothes in the water. Haven't seen anything where they will say what the actual chemical that leaked in is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's all I have found so far also. This really interest me since my job revolves around backflow prevention.

Comment

Not good for them especially with all the other recent water issues going on there. Guess they will be cleaning house again.

Comment

Probably have a TCEQ and EPA crackdown.

Comment

I read an article said it was a petroleum based oil chemical that they believe was contaminated with the water supply. But yet I am having to deal with it, found it odd that you couldn't even boil it or bathe in it. So we were trying to stock up on water this morning alot of places have run out already even though they are getting more alot of people still waiting to get some.

Comment

Not a good situation, I have a crew there workin at flint hills and they are in a bind. Can't shower, can't wash clothes. Not good at all

Comment

Originally posted by Nado View Post
                I read an article said it was a petroleum based oil chemical that they believe was contaminated with the water supply. But yet I am having to deal with it, found it odd that you couldn't even boil it or bathe in it. So we were trying to stock up on water this morning alot of places have run out already even though they are getting more alot of people still waiting to get some.
                Not sure Id want to try boiling water that has a petroleum based chemical in it. May make for an explosive atmosphere. We boil for bacteria, cant boil out chemical contamination

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                  Not a good situation, I have a crew there workin at flint hills and they are in a bind. Can't shower, can't wash clothes. Not good at all
                  Going to smell like a bunch of hippies walking around

Comment

I put a bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap out by my water well.....$5/person to bathe

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                      If you could might want to move them to Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                        Not good for them especially with all the other recent water issues going on there. Guess they will be cleaning house again.
                        A major part of the problem is that there was no house cleaning the first time. Nobody from the water dept was fired or resigned. The city manager, who was a really good goy, knew he couldn't fight the dept so he bounced.

Corpus Christi is a third world country.

Comment

Originally posted by mill929 View Post
                          I put a bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap out by my water well.....$5/person to bathe
                          I live just inside the city limits of Corpus Christi in Calallen and I'm DONE!!!

We are going to move far enough out of town to have a water well and some elbow room.

The City of CC is a joke run by the most incompetent people around. Family members stacked in the depts. jobs and no accountability.

Comment

We are on the edge of Calallen, west of Corpus Christi. Luckily we have Nueves County Water District so we are not effected, but I agree that Corpus as a whole is corrupt and poorly run!

Comment

Good news everybody!

"City says anywhere from 3 to 24 gallons of the chemical "Indolin AA-86" accidentally injected into city water supply. The chemical is used in asphalt emulsion - a petroleum-based process. The city has not named the company leasing property in the Industrial District. The main businesses in that area of the city are oil refineries."

Comment

Working...
                              X