Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Sharkathon 2015 report. We have us another winner!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Sharkathon 2015 report. We have us another winner!!

Well folks another brutal Sharkathon weekend is past us. We had a big 5-6' foot surf, high winds, a strong south bound current, seaweed and the red tide decided to return the week of the tourney. Now the seaweed has not been a problem all year but this weekend it decided to come on in. The last 3 weeks have been beautiful but it all fell apart on Sharkathon weekend. The red tide was pretty bad on Friday morning at check in. Everyone was feeling the affects. Are we surprised? Of course not. This tourney is cursed with most of these conditions. Well we gave it hell anyways. We moved North and got away from the red tide.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon. My daughter Audrey's rod that she won at last years tourney acted like something small was on it. I simply told here to reel in her rod cause I thought there might be something small on it. Little did we know she drug up a high dollar 15" hardhead. I jokingly told my wife "get the stick and camera cause we have us a winner". I was joking and my wife listened. She said "why not its worth a try". Well we did and boy am I glad we did it.

We continued to battle and battle till I couldn't go no more which was on Saturday evening. I was so beat due to fighting the strong waves and current I simply gave up. We called it quits. I had enough and refused to wade out another bait. We headed home tired and dissapointed. Today we showed up for the door prizes and raffles. Well we turned in her 15" entry for the heck of it. We didn't win a single prize but what a big surprise my daughter Audrey took the 3rd place kids division. Wow!!!!

She won $250, an awesome 9' custom rod and a glass trophy.

This just goes to show that you never know what can happen on sharkathon weekend if you bust your tail. I gave up a little early but I had my reasons. Prior to that I had worked very hard battling those conditions.

The biggest shark measured to date on any sharkathon event happened on this one. Despite the terrible conditions there was a few good ones caught.

Here are the winning numbers if I can remember right.

Shark...
    1st...104" Bull
    2nd...6O something inch Bull
    3rd...57" blacktip

Redfish...
    1st...38.5"
    2nd...38"
    3rd...31"

Trout I dont remember but 3rd was around 18".

Womans...
    1st...70" shark
    2nd...27" skippy
    3rd...24" skippy

Kids...
    1st...17" flounder
    2nd...15.5" hardhead
    3rd...15" hardhead....Im very happy to say this was my daughter Audrey.

Congrats to all the winners.

Ray

Nice

Comment

Congrats to you and your daughter, Ray. It looks like y'all had an awesome time.

Comment

Good ending after all. Congrats on the third place finish.

Comment

How cool is that? Congrats Audrey on a great win, and to the bait wader for staying strong for the ladies.

Comment

Awesome brother keeping the winning tradition in the family...... Maybe one year all them lady's might let you win one. Hahaha

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

WTG Audrey!!!! Go show poco, sticking it out through tough conditions has paid off nicely the last 2 years.

Comment

Congratulations Audrey!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    How cool is that? Congrats Audrey on a great win, and to the bait wader for staying strong for the ladies.

Thanks amigo. Every year it hurts more and more though. Lol!! These surf tourneys put a beating on me. Dang girls of mine are killing me.

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                    Awesome brother keeping the winning tradition in the family...... Maybe one year all them lady's might let you win one. Hahaha

Thanks bro. I doubt they'll ever give me the chance to fish for myself. This was Audrey's last year in the kids division and I have two more that are ready to replace her. Lol!!

Ray

Comment

What a great memory for both you and your daughter!!!

Comment

The surf looked pretty rough in Port A. Where'd you fish Ray? We would have come out for moral support. Congrats to Audrey on the money fish.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                          WTG Audrey!!!! Go show poco, sticking it out through tough conditions has paid off nicely the last 2 years.

Thanks brother. Wish you guys would have made it out there at least to hang out with us for a while. As for these conditions, we'll take them I guess. We have fished this tourney the last 4 years and have managed to place 4 times.

3rd place kids
                          1st place womans
                          1st place kids
                          No good
                          3rd place womans

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                            The surf looked pretty rough in Port A. Where'd you fish Ray? We would have come out for moral support. Congrats to Audrey on the money fish.

We fished at marker 5 on PINS then moved south of Bob Hall on Saturday. We could've used the encouragement yesterday afternoon. Lol

Ray

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X