2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
    Did anyone have any kids on the South Llano River SP hunt last week? Just curious on any results. My son will be on the one Jan 2-4.
    How did your Son's hunt go?

Comment

It went well. We didn't get the stand we wanted but after making adjustments after the 2nd hunt we were able to move stands and he got him a WT doe and Buck.

Comment

It went well. We didn't get the stand we wanted but after making adjustments after the 2nd hunt we were able to move stands and he got him a WT doe and Buck.
        Congrats! Did you see any exotics?

Comment

We did. Just 2 axis doe. The stand we hunted first had a real narrow shooting lane and the axis were real skittish. The stand we wanted was known as the acorn stand. It had 2 axis doe and a wt buck shot from it. We hunted the stand that is called the Tree Blind the first night and first morning. Every animal we did see crossed our lane really quick leaving no time to shoot. With seeing how skittish the animals were we went back to the check station mid day to see about moving blinds. We went and looked at a few but ultimately decided on blind 28. We were told it hadn't been hunted in any of the hunts. It was the highest point in the park, so we thought we would give it a shot hoping the animals would be a little less jumpy. Luckily it worked out and he shot the doe and buck the first sit in that blind about 3 hours apart.
          Last edited by ca1219; 01-13-2019, 09:23 AM.

Comment

We did. Just 2 axis doe. The stand we hunted first had a real narrow shooting lane and the axis were real skittish. The stand we wanted was known as the acorn stand. It had 2 axis doe and a wt buck shot from it. We hunted the stand that is called the Tree Blind the first night and first morning. Every animal we did see crossed our lane really quick leaving no time to shoot. With seeing how skittish the animals were we went back to the check station mid day to see about moving blinds. We went and looked at a few but ultimately decided on blind 28. We were told it hadn't been hunted in any of the hunts. It was the highest point in the park, so we thought we would give it a shot hoping the animals would be a little less jumpy. Luckily it worked out and he shot the doe and buck the first sit in that blind about 3 hours apart.
            I don't remember them even telling us there was a 28 on our hunt in December. At treeblind my BIL said that the alfalfa we put out would stop them, but yeah you had to be on them quick.

Comment

Congrats again, thanks for update

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                I don't remember them even telling us there was a 28 on our hunt in December. At treeblind my BIL said that the alfalfa we put out would stop them, but yeah you had to be on them quick.
                They actually called it 25 for some reason. But when we made it to the stand it was clearly labeled 28. Based off of the old stand setups it was previously 28 but he continued to call it 25 based off of the new stand setups. We put out alfalfa also. But the 2 axis we did see had no intentions on stopping for it.

Comment

Here are a couple pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to your boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
                      Congrats to your boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Thanks, he had a good time.

Comment

Drew devils river Del Norta Exotic hunt. Any info is greatly needed. I have hunted Amisted archery hunts before. But this is rifle.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Who all here is going to be at the James Daughtrey WMA for archery only at the end of the month??

Comment

Working...
                            X