RV at the deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV at the deer lease

How do you guys handle your RV at the deer lease? I've never owned one before so all of this is new to me.

- Leave it plugged in and keep the fridge going?

- How do you keep the pipes from freezing?

- What do you do with your grey and black water?

Any other thoughts or tips for me?

I leave mine plugged in
    grey water goes straight to the ground
    black water goes into a drum buried in the ground
    Drain the water lines when forecast freezing

Comment

I leave mine out from September until after deer season it stays plugged in with the fridge on and AC or heat turned to where they won't run very often at all. If I know it's going to be cold I drain every ounce of water out of it when I leave on Sunday. I've got to where I can completely winterize it in about 15-20 minutes, so far I haven't had a problem with it. For my grey water I dump it on the ground behind my trailer (with my LOs permission), I dug a deep whole and buried a 55 gallon drum for the black water. When I fill it I throw some chemicals in it to break it down faster and keep the smell down. Make sure there are no holes anywhere on the underbelly and put out some poison or it will turn into a mice motel in no time.

Comment

Left plugged in. Water off and turn the faucets on and off and drain the system in case some thing breaks/freezes while I am gone.
        Black water into a portable tank that I drop off at the jobsite to be pumped out. Grey water to flush the bottom lines from draining the black tank and then drained onto the ground before leaving.

Comment

RV

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
          How do you guys handle your RV at the deer lease? I've never owned one before so all of this is new to me.

- Leave it plugged in and keep the fridge going?

- How do you keep the pipes from freezing?

- What do you do with your grey and black water?

Any other thoughts or tips for me?
          All new to me to but I'm learning from the new guy on the lease.

Gray water right to the ground.
          I know for sure I'll be draining the hot water tank(last guy that had the trailer froze it out) not sure how to drain the lines.
          Black water into a waste tank, just order this one $127.00.

Attached Files

Comment

I cut all the grass under the pad where I'll park it. Then I throw about 40 lbs of insect granules in the same spot and 10 yard perimeter. Then I park my camper. Next I throw about 6 lbs of rat killer all around camp and 2 boxes of moth balls under the camper. Then I plug in the little electric rodent deterent thingys into the outlets inside. I also never leave any food inside between trips.

I leave mine plugged in. I'll drain everything and add some RV antifreeze if it freezes.

Gray water on the ground, nobody is allowed to use the restroom inside while at deer camp. The wife is a violator of this rule.

Be vigilant about bugs and rodents. They will make it theirs if you're not. Put all your slides in before you leave along with antennas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

dont forget the "fresh cab" from tractor supply, throw it under the rv, it will deter pests also..

Comment

I bought mine used specifically for deer camp.
                Keep plugged in (for frig) during season.
                Grey water on ground (LO is one of the hunters and approves).
                We have a porta-potty everyone uses, so no issue with black water.
                Keep any non-refrigerated food in microwave when I leave (peanut butter, breakfast bars, etc.)
                Detach water hose when I leave and I leave water faucets turned on. (I have problems with pipes disconnecting when water is first turned on if I don't have the pressure released by the faucets being on.)

Comment

You can also buy a little thingy that attatches where your fresh water connection is that allows you to blow all the water out of your lines with an air tank. If you think you need to.....

Comment

Under your camper you should have 2 drain lines they will have little caps on them or maybe just small valves to open. One is for cold water lines the other for hot water. Once those are open, go open the pop off valve on hot water heater and open both hot and cold facets inside. This should drain all water in the camper. I also pour a little anti freeze down each drain so water in the p traps doesn't freeze. Do this each time you leave when temps will drop below freezing. It is much better for your refrigerator to stay running and does not use much electricity. I would leave it on during season.

Comment

Plug it and leave it. Drain the lines. Spray Demon WP around the outside. And peppermint oil around the inside.
                      I also run the grey water on to the ground and the black water into a 55 gallon drum buried in the ground.
                      I to put rv anti freeze in all the traps and the toilet everytime

Comment

How do you keep the rats and mice out

Comment

Originally posted by game stalker View Post
                          You can't!!!!
                          I use Demon WP outside. It kills ever spider and bug plus helps with rats and mice.
                          I use peppermint oil sprayed around the floor. I stuff steel wool in any holes you can see and spray it with peppermint too.
                          Take all food out everytime you leave.
                          These things will help. Nothing stops them
                          We use those electric buzzing things too. They seem to help.
                          Last edited by Abcdj; 10-03-2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by game stalker View Post
                            I tried using a few of these, they actually seemed to help so I got some more.

We don't have electricity so they run on batteries. I plan to put a few on constant and some that will be motion activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                              I tried using a few of these, they actually seemed to help so I got some more.

We don't have electricity so they run on batteries. I plan to put a few on constant and some that will be motion activated.
                              I have wondered if those work

Comment

Working...
                              X