Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1)Multiple motion sensor lights.
    2)Fenced /gated yard.
    3)Multiple dogs.(2 noise makers and one biter.)
    4)870...........you MIGHT hear the safety click off.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by da' hitman View Post
      personally i like the mossberg, but any weapon will do
      nice

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Shotgun is indeed an effective home or elsewhere defense weapon...

Some of my personal favorites:

1. SRM12-16 16 rounds +1 in the barrel... 4 selectable magazine tubes (#4 birdshot in 2 tubes and 00buckshot in the other 2... plus a very sharp breeching tool for a muzzle brake...

[ATTACH]891579[/ATTACH]

2. KSG12 14 rounds +1 in the barrel... 2 7round selectable magazine tubes, one full of #4's and 1 full of 00 buckshot...

[ATTACH]891578[/ATTACH]

3. Benelli M4 Tactical with a tube estension Just 8 rounds of whatever makes you happy...

[ATTACH]891577[/ATTACH]
        Do you anticipate being in a position where you'll have to shotgun breach doors inside your own home?

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
          German Shepherd
          ^^^
          This plus two Doberman's

Comment

I've got an old 20 gauge Montgomery Ward pump with #3 buck in the closet and a 1911 in my nightstand. I guess if WW3 starts in my living room I'll be outgunned.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
              Do you anticipate being in a position where you'll have to shotgun breach doors inside your own home?
              No, but it's there in case I need it... Would sure leave a mark up side the head if it ever got "close quarters"...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                A dog, most break in's result from checking a house first. If you have a dog barking they don't come back.
                ^This, and lighting. Every cop I know swears by leaving some exterior and interior lights on. I know in my HS days, sneaking girls out their bedroom window, or sneaking in, was always way less stressful when all the lights were off outside.

But to answer the OP's firearm question: pump 20ga with #6 or #4 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  Nothing beats a biting dog

Comment

Originally posted by allenshawn1 View Post
                    Sure this will stir the pot. My personal favorite is a pump shotgun with buckshot. Had a friend of mine say "yeah, that's a good one so you don't hurt anyone else by shooting through the wall", lol. I informed him of the power and force of a 12 gauge shotgun.

The sound of the action alone is enough to make someone ***x there pants.
                    my best home defense is my dog,,,, then me.... and no the pump action of a shotgun will not make anyone ***x their pants,,, i have been on both ends of the shotgun........

30 years as an leo showed me how very effective a big dog can be,,, and they never go "off duty" they can hear stuff and alert you way ahead of an actual intruder being inside with you....
                    Last edited by xman59; 01-09-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Can't believe you people have guns. Just laying about. I would prefer a silenced SBR, but I don't have one. Or an AR, but I don't own one of those either.

I wouldn't have an unloaded weapon for home defense. Lights on outside the house and not inside make it more difficult to see in. I wouldn't use birdshot in a shotgun either.

Comment

What's wrong with birdshot? Most shots inside a home would be within 30 ft I'm guessing and birdshot is less likely to penetrate a wall and hit an unintended target. More likely to hit target on a throw it up and shoot in a hurry or shoot from the hip situation.

Comment

Birdshot at close range will create a giant wound, but won’t go through three walls and kill a family member.

Comment

Years back a buddy of mine was sitting at the base of a tree squirrel hunting when a doe wandered by. He shot it at less than 10 yards with a 20 gauge load of #6. It killed that doe very dead and made an impressive wound

Comment

I shot a coyote at about 10 yds with birdshot and it punched a big hole.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                a reliable pump shotgun with bird shot.

you boys talking $2,000 rigs (sbr with suppressor) are crazy. no way I'm leaving that rig out of the safe for the first crackhead that breaks into my house to grab.

That’s why I have insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X