RV Purchase- Tax, title, tags and fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
    Hey one more question...if the tag says GVWR 10800, then how do I figure out the tow weight of the trailer itself?
    Not more than 10,800. There should be a dry or empty weight listed, which will be less than the GVWR. The GVWR is the max weight. The difference between the two is how much stuff you can put in it. Don't put enough stuff in it such that you exceed the GVWR. Remember that includes the water tanks.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
      There should be a dry or empty weight listed, which will be less than the GVWR.

LWD
      That's what I'm trying to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        If it is $10,000 and you are going to pay cash, offer them the $10,000 out the door price. That includes all taxes and fees. Simple solution.

On vehicles or RV's I always do the out the door price, not a price then all the other stuff added at the end.
        X2. This this with my boat. Told them what my top dolor was and the made it work on their side

Comment

Hey one more question...if the tag says GVWR 10800, then how do I figure out the tow weight of the trailer itself?
          Is it a 5th wheel or tongue pull...

If 5th wheel figure the pin weight at 20% to 25% of the GVWR...

If tongue pull figure tongue at 10% to 15% of the GVWR...

How much will the trailer weigh loaded... hopefully less than the GVWR...

Give us the model, manufacturer and year and we can look up the dry weight... if you really need it..

Comment

That's what I'm trying to find.
            Should be listed with the gvwr.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
              Should be listed with the gvwr.
              It wasn't but I found it in the website of the dealer listed at 6,660.

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
                825.00 in tx. 50.00 title transfer. 36.00 tags. No ther fees.
                10911.00 is about what I got figured
                Add 7.50 for inspection
                Tax on a $10,000 trailer would be $625 at 6.25%.

Comment

10,000 X 6.25 = $625. Then allow an extra $200 for document fees, title & registration, inspection, and make ready.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                    I just bought one for $12,000. By the time all the fees and taxes were done it was somewhere around $12,800.

-john
                    What did you buy for $12k if you don't mind me asking? That's what my budget is for an RV.

Comment

I do not remember the exact name but it was a 34 foot 5th wheel with 3 big slides and 2 distinct bedrooms. We looked at lots of used and new trailers and finally decided that this was the one for us. It was probably a $60,000 trailer when new. I don't know how quick you are looking to buy but we bought this one because we are getting a house built at the farm. You never know exactly how long these things will go but we will be selling it when the house is done.

-john

Comment

It wasn't but I found it in the website of the dealer listed at 6,660.

Thanks guys
                        Did you buy a toy hauler? That's a lot of capacity for a conventional travel trailer.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Tax on a $10,000 trailer would be $625 at 6.25%.
                          You are correct sir. My bad. I was going by the general sales tax of my area of 8.25 %

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            If it is $10,000 and you are going to pay cash, offer them the $10,000 out the door price. That includes all taxes and fees. Simple solution.

On vehicles or RV's I always do the out the door price, not a price then all the other stuff added at the end.
                            X2 ......$10K OTD is your offer after you hear their "best price". But if it were me Id low ball them with $9500 OTD since your paying cash on the barrel.

Comment

Should be a label like this somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X