Sportsman's Devotional 4/23/2017 Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sportsman's Devotional 4/23/2017 Sunday

Today's Photograph . . . . We Should Take The Time To Get Out and Enjoy His Creation MQ )
    Bible Study Verse
    Psalm 91:4
    He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
    (NKJV)

Thoughts
    Hiking is peaceful, long walks in God's creation. I feel closest to God when I'm hunting alone. His majestic creation is all around me, from the tiny flowers below to the towering trees above me. A rabbit scurries past, and there is a turkey with her new hatch, all in the high country of the forest. Life is to be lived to the fullest.

As I walk through life, I feel God's shadow of protection all around me. Well, an elk is still walking free today, but there will be another day for hunting.
    (Chris Q)

Action Point
    As we read through the first chapter of Genesis, we witness everything God created. Genesis 1:31 tells us, "Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day," (NKJV).

Everything that God made is indeed good and we should take the time to get out and enjoy His creation. Jesus did it from time to time to refresh Himself and to pray. We need to take the time to follow His example.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
    Whenever you are out in the field, make sure to take care of God's creation. Follow the rule of the Boy Scouts: always leave your camp cleaner than when you found it.

Amen

Comment

Working...
    X