Building a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a home

Well I think the wife and I are about to build a home. I recognize there are so many variables, but what have you guys who’ve built been paying per square foot? Any advice you may have? I’m in the construction supply business by trade so i imagine I’ll be more involved than the average fella.
    We will be building in a new subdivision and looking like a will be in the $130-$135/sqft ballpark, lot included. Just curious as to what others have been building for. In the SETX area. Thanks!

Justin

I'm a builder here around Lake Fork. Costs are around $120/sqft lot not included. "Lots" can run $0k to $whatever. So take that out if you're comparing building costs.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
      I'm a builder here around Lake Fork. Costs are around $120/sqft lot not included. "Lots" can run $0k to $whatever. So take that out if you're comparing building costs.
      Thanks!

Comment

It’s a lot of fun! Be prepared to spend every penny you got . Don’t forget you’ll probably want new appliances....

Comment

My buddy just completed a house for 128 dollars a square foot (lot included) in Needville.

Comment

Mine was around 140 but again depends on buildout and how much your builder is willing to let you do on your own. Also I had the lot owned beforehand...
            If u want cookie cutter in one of the local neighborhoods with a common builder like David Weekley u can likely get it for cheaper.
            Do yourself a favor and shop builders and interview them because u will be stuck with them till the end and you want them to be reasonable enough to allow you to contribute.

Comment

If you're a lawn guy,do the irrigation while you're building..Trust me..Cheap,and the place is already a mess!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

We had slab poured on ours last Thursday. I think our contract is for right at $124/sq ft not including the land.

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems about right
                  TTT

Comment

We are in the process of building also. 2300sf home, 4 acres and a shop and we are sitting at a $153sf. This is all financed together. This is Central, Tx.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We are trying to be ready to build by this time next year, it seems like costs are coming down a bit right now... keep it rollin'...

Comment

We are in the process of building now. Land is ours so that doesn’t factor in but we are paying $90sqft if you just go for the living space but if you add the carport and porches we are at $55sqft.

Granted we paid for some stuff out of pocket like the fence, 1/2 the well, the slab for the back porch.

We are getting steal but it has come with some heart break along the way.

Slab for the well cost me an 18 pack.

Comment

We just finished ours on the coast. I paid $93/sq ft. Did the flooring(stained concrete) and painted the interior myself. Have some work still do to on house such as the stone on the bar I need to put up, and lots of painting touch ups to do. This includes granite counter tops in kitchen, both bathrooms and the laundry room. This is for the house only! I was responsible for electric, water, and septic.

Comment

Have a buddy who is a contractor. He didn't charge us and we used his crews, and paid them directly. We are right at $85sqft

Comment

Totally will depend on what you put in it. You can spend $8,000 on a kitchen or $40,000 on a kitchen. Most people can get it done for about $100 per sf. But in the subdivision I'm building in some builders are charging north of $160.

The land costs can be huge so if your going to finance the land with the construction loan make sure you do your homework beforehand. Get a topographical map and check slope, also get a soil report. Its upfront costs but it could save you a fortune if the site would require piers and 400 loads of fill dirt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X